Although the Fall 2017 semester at Vance-Granville Community College is underway, there are still opportunities to register for a variety of classes offered during “mini-terms.” These sections start later during the semester, but end on Dec. 11, at the same time as the full 16-week courses, and they include just as many hours of instruction as under the traditional schedule.
The Fall 12-Week Mini-Term begins on Tuesday, Sept. 12. The complete list of courses is available by visiting schedules.vgcc.edu and clicking on the printable “Fall 12-Week Mini-Term” schedule.
VGCC has scheduled more than 30 curriculum classes on the 12-week schedule. Most are online, while others are offered in a hybrid format that combines online and traditional on-campus instruction. The courses include not only College Transfer general education courses in subjects such as English, Humanities, Sociology or Spanish, but also courses required for associate degrees such as Paralegal Technology.
Certain 12-week Criminal Justice courses are scheduled through the “Vanguard Online Learning through Technology,” or VOLT, initiative, which allows students to complete an entire associate degree online.
There are also a few courses offered during the Second 8-Week Mini-Term, which starts Thursday, Oct. 12.
Not only current VGCC students, but also new students are welcome to enroll. New students will need to complete a VGCC application for admission first. Financial aid is available for qualified students. For more information, contact the VGCC Financial Aid Office at [email protected] or (252) 738-3280.
For registration information, visit the Student Learning & Success Center on any VGCC campus or call (252) 738-3330.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019