Although the Fall 2017 semester at Vance-Granville Community College is underway, there are still opportunities to register for a variety of classes offered during “mini-terms.” These sections start later during the semester, but end on Dec. 11, at the same time as the full 16-week courses, and they include just as many hours of instruction as under the traditional schedule.
The Fall 12-Week Mini-Term begins on Tuesday, Sept. 12. The complete list of courses is available by visiting schedules.vgcc.edu and clicking on the printable “Fall 12-Week Mini-Term” schedule.
VGCC has scheduled more than 30 curriculum classes on the 12-week schedule. Most are online, while others are offered in a hybrid format that combines online and traditional on-campus instruction. The courses include not only College Transfer general education courses in subjects such as English, Humanities, Sociology or Spanish, but also courses required for associate degrees such as Paralegal Technology.
Certain 12-week Criminal Justice courses are scheduled through the “Vanguard Online Learning through Technology,” or VOLT, initiative, which allows students to complete an entire associate degree online.
There are also a few courses offered during the Second 8-Week Mini-Term, which starts Thursday, Oct. 12.
Not only current VGCC students, but also new students are welcome to enroll. New students will need to complete a VGCC application for admission first. Financial aid is available for qualified students. For more information, contact the VGCC Financial Aid Office at [email protected] or (252) 738-3280.
For registration information, visit the Student Learning & Success Center on any VGCC campus or call (252) 738-3330.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019