The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the last Alive After Five event of 2017 – Thursday, September 21st – will feature the music and entertainment of THE EMBERS – “truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime.” THE EMBERS will soon be celebrating their 60th anniversary, as the band began in 1958.
From The Embers’ website: “There are many bands or groups today yet few that are considered a musical institution. The Embers have solidified their position as a thriving musical entity leaving their mark on listeners for decades.
The Embers boast numerous albums and single releases that span decades and all the crazes continuing to exhibit top quality showmanship, musicianship and professionalism. Having been inducted into the SC Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame and most recently the SC Beach Music Hall of Fame, THE EMBERS are honored to carry the moniker of North Carolina’s Official Ambassadors of Music. They have traveled the country and the world and have performed for every event imaginable from the highest dignitaries to the hottest back yard frat parties. THE EMBERS were also honored to travel throughout South Korea to perform their Christmas special “Christmas with the Embers” on American Military bases for America’s troops in Dec. 2007 and 2008. They were awarded Military Coins of Excellence for their distinguished services.
A MUSICAL MARVEL: THE EMBERS are widely considered a musical MARVEL and have laid the groundwork for what has become known as “Beach Music” in the Carolinas, Virginia, the gulf coast region of North America and every each in between. They are a true musical tradition with which many Americans have listened to from childhood to adulthood. THE EMBERS consider the genre of Beach Music as “music with a memory” and have been creating lasting since its inception in 1958. Simply put – Heart and Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Feel Good Music.
For decades THE EMBERS have been making music by playing a mix of rhythm and blues and heart and soul. Rhythm and Blues became the foundation and essence of soul music and the Motown sound, but in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida and Alabama, the name that applies is ‘Beach Music.’ Bobby Tomlinson, drummer and the leader of the band, believes that Beach Music is music with a memory. Others believe that Beach Music is simply lyrics that are easy to sing with and simple melodies and pretty harmonies that accompany them.
AN ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE: THE EMBERS are truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime. Come to their show, and they will put JOY in your step, LOVE in your heart and BEACH MUSIC in your soul!”
This outdoor event is free to attend. Chamber member concession vendors will be available to purchase food from – Chick-fil-A, A Place to Eat, Jay Boys Hot Dogs, Kentucky Fried Chicken/Taco Bell – with beverages available from Coca-Cola and Long Beverage.
Come early, bring a chair, listen to this incredible music, dance and enjoy visiting with friends. The last Alive After Five event of 2017 will be a night to remember!
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019