The Granville County Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the last Alive After Five event of 2017 – Thursday, September 21st – will feature the music and entertainment of THE EMBERS – “truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime.” THE EMBERS will soon be celebrating their 60th anniversary, as the band began in 1958.
From The Embers’ website: “There are many bands or groups today yet few that are considered a musical institution. The Embers have solidified their position as a thriving musical entity leaving their mark on listeners for decades.
The Embers boast numerous albums and single releases that span decades and all the crazes continuing to exhibit top quality showmanship, musicianship and professionalism. Having been inducted into the SC Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame and most recently the SC Beach Music Hall of Fame, THE EMBERS are honored to carry the moniker of North Carolina’s Official Ambassadors of Music. They have traveled the country and the world and have performed for every event imaginable from the highest dignitaries to the hottest back yard frat parties. THE EMBERS were also honored to travel throughout South Korea to perform their Christmas special “Christmas with the Embers” on American Military bases for America’s troops in Dec. 2007 and 2008. They were awarded Military Coins of Excellence for their distinguished services.
A MUSICAL MARVEL: THE EMBERS are widely considered a musical MARVEL and have laid the groundwork for what has become known as “Beach Music” in the Carolinas, Virginia, the gulf coast region of North America and every each in between. They are a true musical tradition with which many Americans have listened to from childhood to adulthood. THE EMBERS consider the genre of Beach Music as “music with a memory” and have been creating lasting since its inception in 1958. Simply put – Heart and Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Feel Good Music.
For decades THE EMBERS have been making music by playing a mix of rhythm and blues and heart and soul. Rhythm and Blues became the foundation and essence of soul music and the Motown sound, but in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Florida and Alabama, the name that applies is ‘Beach Music.’ Bobby Tomlinson, drummer and the leader of the band, believes that Beach Music is music with a memory. Others believe that Beach Music is simply lyrics that are easy to sing with and simple melodies and pretty harmonies that accompany them.
AN ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE: THE EMBERS are truly one of the finest entertainment experiences of our lifetime. Come to their show, and they will put JOY in your step, LOVE in your heart and BEACH MUSIC in your soul!”
This outdoor event is free to attend. Chamber member concession vendors will be available to purchase food from – Chick-fil-A, A Place to Eat, Jay Boys Hot Dogs, Kentucky Fried Chicken/Taco Bell – with beverages available from Coca-Cola and Long Beverage.
Come early, bring a chair, listen to this incredible music, dance and enjoy visiting with friends. The last Alive After Five event of 2017 will be a night to remember!
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019