100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
— CLICK HERE TO PUT YOUR INFO INTO AN ELECTRONIC FORM or email announcements to email@example.com or call 492-3001
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church fund raising will hold a plate sale on May 21, 2021 at 11am on 421 Pearl Street Henderson NC. Menu will include bake chicken, fish and meatloaf for $8.00 each; Chittering and barbecue $10.00 each and any combination plate $12.00 each. Sides will be collard green, turnip green, cabbage, macaroni & cheese, potato salad and corn bread. Come and get some good home cooked food. For more information contact Margaret Gregory at 252-767-1593.
- YMCA Bicycle Safety Event will be held on Saturday May 15, 2021 from 11 am to 1 pm in the YMCA Parking Lot located at 380 Ruin Creek Road in Henderson. Featured will be the Vance County Sheriff’s Dept, Henderson Police and Fire & Rescue. Pelican’s Snoballs will be there along with plenty of giveaways, helmet fittings, car seat safety check, bicycle inspections and FREE helmet to the first 50 children!
- The Salvation Army at 2292 Ross Mill Rd. in Henderson will hold Summer Camp for ages 6-17 June 14, 2021 to August 13, 2021. There will be sports and games, field trips, arts and crafts plus lunch and snacks. Registration fee is $25 plus $500 for the summer or $60 per week. For more information call 252-438-7107 or visit on Facebook at The Salvation Army Community Center of Henderson.
- Teen Court Club Volunteers-Henderson-Vance Recreation & Parks Department’s Youth Services Unit is looking for adult volunteers and youth volunteers ages 14-18 for Teen Court Club. Teen Court Club is a group of youth volunteers that are trained under adult supervision to perform several duties during the Teen Court process. Youth volunteers serve as Defense Attorneys, Prosecutors, Bailiffs, Clerks and Jury Members. Adult volunteer roles include Jury Facilitator, Court Room Monitor, Attorney Coach, Teen Court Trainer or Guest Speaker. For more information, please contact Jaleel Johnson at 252.431.6099 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Area Congregations In Ministry (ACIM) is in need of any non-perishable goods, especially canned goods. For more information, visit www.acimgranville.org or call (919) 690-0961.
- ACTS of Henderson is currently in need of the following items for its food pantry: Boxed macaroni and cheese; Brown sugar; Ketchup; Boxes of pasta; Canned fruit (any kind); Cream of mushroom soup; Cream of chicken soup; Cans/cartons of beef/chicken broth; Beef/chicken bouillon cubes; White sugar; Canned baked beans; Paper towels; Toilet paper; Prepared salad dressing; Awesome’ brand cleaner (from Dollar Tree or Roses); Standard size clean, dry grocery bags; Wrapped, unused silverware packages. Items may be dropped off at the ACTS location at 201 South Williams Street in Henderson any weekday between 8:30 AM and 3 PM. If you need to drop off at a time other than this, please call ACTS at (252) 492–8231 to make arrangements.