Public Service Announcements
Please submit your information on the form below. So we may better serve you, please be as detailed as possible, and submit your information as far in advance as possible. In most cases, your announcement will be listed on this page as well as read over the air.
Current Public Service Announcements
100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
— CLICK HERE TO PUT YOUR INFO INTO AN ELECTRONIC FORM or email announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 492-3001
- The Salvation Army at 2292 Ross Mill Rd. in Henderson will hold Summer Camp for ages 6-17 June 14, 2021 to August 13, 2021. There will be sports and games, field trips, arts and crafts plus lunch and snacks. Registration fee is $25 plus $500 for the summer or $60 per week. For more information call 252-438-7107 or visit on Facebook at The Salvation Army Community Center of Henderson.
- HUBZone Technology Initiative (HTI) is collecting working laptop computers to convert to Chromebooks. There are several drop-off sites in Henderson and the surrounding area that will be accepting donations through April 22, 2021. Drop-off sites in Henderson include: HTI office – 208 N. Garnett St, Suite F, Wed-Fri 10 AM to Noon; Restoring Bodies and Minds – 900 Dorsey Ave., Mon-Wed 10 AM to Noon; Perry Memorial Library – 205 Breckenridge St., Mon-Fri 10 AM to Noon and 2-4 PM; Freedom Life Church – 1001 Martin Creek Rd., Sundays 9:30 AM and 11 AM; and the Veterans Life Center, 1005 9th St., Butner. The laptops must be functional and have their power cords, as well as a hard drive for Google Chromium installation. Laptops with cracked screens or mousepads will not be accepted; no desktop computers, iPads or tablets. HTI is a non-profit organization helping to bring technology resources to those in need within HUBZone communities nationwide.The mission is to convert the laptops into Google Chromebooks and distribute them to students or others seeking or improving their employment.
- Vance County Department of Social Services invites the community to come out to a drive-thru Medicaid Managed Care Informational session hosted at 350 Ruin Creek Road, Henderson, NC 27536. Sessions will occur on April 30, 2021 10am-12pm and 2:00-4:00pm and May 7, 10am-12pm and 2:00-4:00pm. Members of the community can have questions answered and obtain informational packets to assist with enrolling in a Medicaid Managed Care plans. Information will also be provided about other available services at the agency. For information about the event, please call Vance County Department of Social Services at 252-492-5001.
- The National Mary Potter Club, Inc. Home Goods Sale will be held on Saturday May 1, 2021 from 7:00 am to 12 noon at the Mary E. Shaw Memorial Center 205 Lanier Street in Oxford. New and second hand items will be for sale, masks and gloves are required. For more information call 919-939-9077
- NC Med Assist will be holding a free over the counter medicine giveaway drive thru event on Friday April 30, 2021 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Salvation Army 2292 Ross Mill Road in Henderson. OTC items include cold, cough, flu medicine, pain relief, vitamins, children’s medicine, etc. Pre-registration for this event is strongly encouraged at www.medassist.org/mobile. Learn how to receive free medicine at www.medassist.org or call 866-331-1348.
- Kerr Tar Area Agency on Aging will be holding six weekly classes, 90 minutes each on Powerful Tools for Caregivers. Learn to manage emotions, reduce stress and cope with caregiving issues and demands. Session 1 begins Tuesdays April 20, 2021 from 1:00 to 2:30pm or Session 2 begins May 6, 2021 on Thursdays 10:00 am to 11:30 am. This class is free, to register call Susan Tucker at 252-436-2040.
- Henderson Rotary Day of Service needs your help filling the Food Pantry on Saturday April 17, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon at The Salvation Army 2292 Ross Mill Road in Henderson. The pantry needs dry canned and boxed food, hand sanitizer and soaps, dry snacks, toilet paper, toothbrushes and toothpaste and blankets. For more information or to make a donation visit www.salvationarmycarolinas.org/henderson.
- Families Living Violence Free wants you to know: National Child Abuse Prevention Month recognizes the importance of communities working together to help families thrive and prevent child maltreatment. During the month of April and throughout the year, communities are encouraged to increase awareness about child and family well-being, and work together to implement effective strategies that support families and prevent child abuse and neglect. Families Living Violence Free is here to help! Call our 24/7 Crisis Line to speak with a trained advocate 919-693-5700; Español 919-6901-0888
- Families Living Violence Free wants you to know: April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, otherwise known as SAAM. During this month, people across the United States raised awareness about sexual violence, how to prevent it, and how to support those who are affected by it. Families Living Violence Free will offer Virtual (Zoom) Sexual Assault 101 Educational Sessions every Wednesday beginning April 7, 2021. The sessions are free and you may register by calling our office at 919-693-3579 or visiting our website at www.flvf.org. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Teen Court Club Volunteers-Henderson-Vance Recreation & Parks Department’s Youth Services Unit is looking for adult volunteers and youth volunteers ages 14-18 for Teen Court Club. Teen Court Club is a group of youth volunteers that are trained under adult supervision to perform several duties during the Teen Court process. Youth volunteers serve as Defense Attorneys, Prosecutors, Bailiffs, Clerks and Jury Members. Adult volunteer roles include Jury Facilitator, Court Room Monitor, Attorney Coach, Teen Court Trainer or Guest Speaker. For more information, please contact Jaleel Johnson at 252.431.6099 (email@example.com).
- Area Congregations In Ministry (ACIM) is in need of any non-perishable goods, especially canned goods. For more information, visit www.acimgranville.org or call (919) 690-0961.
- ACTS of Henderson is currently in need of the following items for its food pantry: Boxed macaroni and cheese; Brown sugar; Ketchup; Boxes of pasta; Canned fruit (any kind); Cream of mushroom soup; Cream of chicken soup; Cans/cartons of beef/chicken broth; Beef/chicken bouillon cubes; White sugar; Canned baked beans; Paper towels; Toilet paper; Prepared salad dressing; Awesome’ brand cleaner (from Dollar Tree or Roses); Standard size clean, dry grocery bags; Wrapped, unused silverware packages. Items may be dropped off at the ACTS location at 201 South Williams Street in Henderson any weekday between 8:30 AM and 3 PM. If you need to drop off at a time other than this, please call ACTS at (252) 492–8231 to make arrangements.