Public Service Announcements
To ensure your public service announcement is advertised, WIZS has made a policy change. We no longer accept hand-written submissions. This change will ensure the on-air personalities can read your announcement.
You may now submit your information on the form below. We ask that your submission be email at least two weeks prior to the event in order to serve you better. WIZS will be happy to post your event below and announce it on air.
Current Public Service Announcements
100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
- Mary Potter School Reunion will be held Friday July 19-21, 2019 in Oxford. Parade will be Saturday July 20 through dowtown Oxford. Parade starts and ends at George C. Shaw Museum, 202 McClanahan St. and is open to the public.
- Greater Union Grove United Church of Christ, 511 Parham St. in Henderson, invites the public to join Rev. Eardine Perry and church members for a missionary program this Sunday July 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Presentation, find out what services are offered, how to access services, provider network, emergency services and more. Presentation will be held at Baskerville Funeral Home, 104 S. Chestnut St. in Henderson from 6 pm to 7:30 pm on July 25, 2019. To register call 252-431-4018.
- Nurse Recruitment Event will be held at Maria Parham Health, 566 Ruin Creek Road in Henderson on Thursday July 25, 2019 from 9 am to 2 pm. Hiring: RN-experienced and new grad, LPN-experienced. There will be interviews, tours and offers on spot. Bonuses: $10,000 for qualified, experienced RNs and $1000 for new grad RNs. Refreshments and giveaways provided. Registration is preferred but walk-ins are welcome. For questions or to register call 919-482-3479 or email [email protected]
- American Legion Post #7 located at 406 E. Trinity Ave in Durham NC will hold a Fish Fry on Friday July 26, 2019 from 11 am to 6 pm. Cost is $8.00 per plate, eat in or take out! For more information call 919-688-6581.
- The 11th Annual Clarksville Bluegrass Gospel Concert will be held on Saturday July 27, 2019 at 6:00 pm at House of Prayer 6793 Hwy 58 Buffalo Junction, VA, 1/2 mile from CVS-58 West. Concession on site beginning at 4:30 pm. Deeper Shade of Blue will play from 6 pm to 7 pm, The Churchmen from 7:05 pm to 8:05 pm and Larry Stephenson Band from 8:10 pm to 9:10 pm. Advance tickets $12, Door $15, Children 12 and under free with adult. Advance tickets available at Ace Hardware-Clarksville, Clarksville Community Pharmacy – Clarksville, or by calling Rodney/Carole Barwick at 434-374-0143.
- South Henderson Pentecostal Holiness Church, 905 Americal Rd. in Henderson will hold a Christmas Dinner Theatre “For Unto Y’all”. The Christmas Story, it’s as familiar as our own names. It all happened so long ago and so far away that sometimes we lose sight of the miracle of it all. But imagine for a moment the good Lord chose a different time and place to bring the Christ child into the world. Imagine a time not so long ago, and a place not so far away…The Old West. Imagine that, and come hear the Christmas Story once again as if you were hearing it for the very first time! Tickets are $30.00 each and dinner includes prime rib, baked potato, garden salad, dinner roll, dessert and beverage. Performance dates are Nov. 30 @ 6 pm, Dec. 1st @ 6pm, Dec. 5th @ 6:30 pm, Dec. 6th @ 6:30 pm, Dec. 7th @ 6 pm, and Dec. 8th @ 6 pm. For reservations for the Nov. 30 show call 252-432-7714, Dec. 1st call 304-237-3344, Dec. 5th call 252-430-9451, Dec. 6th call 252-432-3840, Dec. 7th call 252-432-5379 and Dec. 8th call 252-432-5337.
- Farmers and gardeners are reminded that from April 1st until the end of December, soil samples may be submitted for analysis to the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at no charge. Sample boxes, forms and instructions are available at the NC Cooperative Extension offices in Vance and Warren Counties and provide free delivery to the lab in Raleigh. For more information call 252-438-8188 or 252-257-3640.
- As temperatures warm it is time for Spring cleaning! Consider donating your used goods to the Salvation Army Family store located at 218 Raleigh Rd. in Henderson right down the road from the Dollar Tree. Large items can be be picked up by calling 252-558-1050 and small items can be brought to the store. All items are sold at the store at a low price to fund the programs in Vance County that make a difference in people’s lives. Store hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 4 pm on Saturday.
- If someone you know or someone you suspect is a victim of domestic violence, please call FAMILIES LIVING VIOLENCE FREE 24/7 Crisis line English 919-693-5700 and 24/7 Crisis line Hispanic 919-690-0888. There is always someone there to listen, to help! Everything is confidential. Please…you could be saving a life….it could be your own.
- On disability and looking to come back to work? NTI is the leader in helping individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans back into the workplace. We’ve already helped over 1,200 individuals within Vance County through our job services and, considering 1 in every 6 Americans has a disability, there are a lot more to help. If you are on SSI or SSDI and are looking to re-enter the workforce, learn more about the services we offer and register for our program at bit.ly/1450HelpsAmericansWithDisabilities. Our services are FREE to the public throughout America and we even offer free customer service training for those who qualify. If you have questions about what we offer, visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/nticentral. and IM us. Maybe we can be the ones to help.
- Do you need home repairs? Are you on a fixed income? Mission Legacy Inc. has partnered with contractors that provide low-cost repairs, based on income. For more information or to register for affordable home repairs call 252-204-0909 or email [email protected]
- Granville Vance Public Health is offering Medication Assisted Treatment within Primary Care Clinic. Patients seen for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) will be treated with kindness and respect, no different from any other patient. This is a judgment-free zone. Most insurance is accepted for visits and medication. Lab testing will be billed through LabCorp for special low rates. For more information or to make an appointment call the Granville Co. Health Department at 919-693-2141 or the Vance Co. Health Department at 252-492-7915. We believe even one day off heroin or opioids is a successful start to a better quality of life.
- It is important to stay safe when using your generator. The outdoor power equipment institute recommends reviewing your owner’s manual and following all manufacturer instructions. Make sure your generator is well ventilated. Place it outside and away from windows, doors and vents. Never use a generator inside your home or garage. Install a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector. For more safety tips go to opei.org.
- Could you be the voice for a child in court? Train to become a volunteer with the North Carolina Guardian ad Litem program and advocate for the best interest of abused and neglected children in court. If you would like to find out more about being the voice for a child, visit www.volunteerforgal.org or call the Guardian ad Litem Office at 252-430-5121 or 919-497-4244.
- The Vance County Animal Shelter is in need of Clorox to help clean the cages. Also in need of food for puppies, dogs, cats and kittens.
- The Food Pantry at ACTS is very low, please consider donating some of the following items: peanut butter, jelly, canned meats, canned vegetables except green beans and corn, powdered milk, canned or dried beans, rice, instant mashed potatoes, boxed mac and cheese, pasta, boxed cereal, canned fruit, instant cup of soup noodles, applesauce cups, bottled water, juice boxes or pouches, pudding cups and evaporated milk. Consider asking your church or civic group to hold a Food Drive. Items may be brought to 305 South Chestnut St. in Henderson between 7:45 – 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- The Kindle Ministry at Clearview Church is in need of more volunteers for Gang-Free, Inc. Volunteers are needed on Mondays from 4-6:30 p.m. to help kids with their homework, play games, serve meals and spend time with the kids. Mondays are days that Kindle serves with Gang-Free, but volunteer positions are available every day of the week. For more information contact Cara Gill at 252-425-4280.
- Help Seniors get hired! Are you 55 or older and looking for a job? NC NCBA-SCSEP supports over 300 part-time positions in 18 counties by providing hands-on workplace settings for seniors to develop new skills and talents and support community service activities. Must meet income guidelines, able to work 20 hours per week, participate in job search and earn minimum wage stipend. For more info call Beryle Lewis at 919-693-2686 or email [email protected]