— Press Release from Maria Parham Health
Maria Parham Health Implementing New Visitor Restrictions during Flu Season
Henderson, NC (January 12, 2018) – Our primary goal at Maria Parham Health is to provide the best quality of care in an environment that is safe for our patients. To protect them, at times we must manage their exposure to illnesses that are easily spread, like the flu.
We carefully monitor flu activity levels in our hospitals and the community. When certain thresholds are met, we must take action to halt the spread and limit the number of visitors allowed in our patient areas. Due to the high numbers of respiratory illness and influenza, Maria Parham Health has implemented visitor restrictions.
If you are visiting our hospital during flu season, please be prepared for the possibility of limited visitation and safety hygiene requests to be made.
Visitors are limited to immediate family members or designated adult caregivers, who have no fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms.
Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to visit unless for a medical appointment or an ED visit.
All persons with flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, extreme tiredness, muscle aches and or diarrhea), please do not visit patients.
Visitors are asked to wash hands frequently. Foam hand cleanser is available throughout the building.
If you are here for services and have flu symptoms, please ask for a mask upon arrival.
You may see some of our staff wearing masks as a safety precaution for our patients.
To help prevent the spread of flu germs outside of the hospital, please wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol hand gel and encourage others to do so as well.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - January 17, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - January 15, 2019
- Breckenridge Pavilion Project Slowly, but Surely, Moving Ahead - January 14, 2019
- A TRIBUTE TO SAM WATKINS - January 6, 2019
- Man Shot Dead, HPD Asking For Assistance - January 6, 2019
- Re-Elected Board of Education Members Sworn In to New Terms - December 18, 2018
- Another Mexican Restaurant Burns! Habanero Grill Catches Fire in Early Morning Hours - December 17, 2018
- VGCC is closed on Wednesday, Dec. 12 - December 11, 2018
- Vance Co. Schools Out 12-12-18 For Students - December 11, 2018
- GCPS Changes Mind – No School for Students 12-12-18 - December 11, 2018