— Press Release from Maria Parham Health
Maria Parham Health Implementing New Visitor Restrictions during Flu Season
Henderson, NC (January 12, 2018) – Our primary goal at Maria Parham Health is to provide the best quality of care in an environment that is safe for our patients. To protect them, at times we must manage their exposure to illnesses that are easily spread, like the flu.
We carefully monitor flu activity levels in our hospitals and the community. When certain thresholds are met, we must take action to halt the spread and limit the number of visitors allowed in our patient areas. Due to the high numbers of respiratory illness and influenza, Maria Parham Health has implemented visitor restrictions.
If you are visiting our hospital during flu season, please be prepared for the possibility of limited visitation and safety hygiene requests to be made.
Visitors are limited to immediate family members or designated adult caregivers, who have no fever, cough, or other flu-like symptoms.
Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to visit unless for a medical appointment or an ED visit.
All persons with flu symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, extreme tiredness, muscle aches and or diarrhea), please do not visit patients.
Visitors are asked to wash hands frequently. Foam hand cleanser is available throughout the building.
If you are here for services and have flu symptoms, please ask for a mask upon arrival.
You may see some of our staff wearing masks as a safety precaution for our patients.
To help prevent the spread of flu germs outside of the hospital, please wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol hand gel and encourage others to do so as well.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - July 18, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - July 18, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - June 28, 2018
- Summer Learning Can Be Simple and Engaging - June 5, 2018
- Economic Development Partnership of NC Manufacturers Event - June 5, 2018
- Vance County Budget 2018-2019 Unanimous Decision - June 5, 2018
- Warren County Commissioners’ Meeting (Tonight) 6-4-18 - June 4, 2018
- Relay for Life Auction Saturday, May 19 - May 18, 2018
- Jim Crawford Recognized as George R. Watkins Citizen of the Year - May 11, 2018
- SHPHC Youth Fundraiser TODAY! - May 4, 2018