100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Press Release, Maria Parham Health
As the situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, so does our hospital’s response. In addition to measures we’ve taken including restricting visitors, closing common areas, and adhering diligently to North Carolina State Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, Maria Parham Health is taking more precautionary steps to help ensure the safety of our patients, employees and visitors.
Effective immediately, we will be limiting entry points to our facility, eliminating all visitor hours and screening everyone – employees, patients and the very limited permissible visitors currently allowed – who enters the building. The following provides additional detail about these safety measures:
- Limited Entry Points: Until otherwise notified, everyone entering the facility should come through the Main Front Hospital entrance and the Emergency Department entrance. All other entry points will be closed until further notice.
- Zero Visitor Policy: Maria Parham Health is eliminating all visitor hours, with the exception of the following:
- One visitor for obstetrical patients
- Two visitors for pediatric patients
- One caregiver if necessary, for emergency department patients
- No other visitors will be allowed at this time without approval from Administration. This includes outpatient treatment.
- Screening Process: All patients, visitors and staff entering the facility will be screened with questions regarding respiratory symptoms and travel history, per CDC recommendations. Patients with symptoms will immediately be provided masks and managed per CDC guidelines. Based on the screening, visitors may also be asked to take their temperature, speak further with someone, or come back at a later date. Screening will occur upon every entry.
PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE NOT LIMITED OR RESTRICTED SERVICES AT THIS TIME.
We know that these increased precautions may seem concerning. We do not want to cause alarm, but we do want to send a clear message to our community that we are prepared, responding appropriately and remain committed to protecting the well-being of our patients, visitors, employees and community.
These increased safety measures do NOT mean that you cannot access the hospital or your providers. Please seek medical care as needed. And if you are concerned you may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, call your provider in advance of going to his or her office. Of course, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the emergency room.
Maria Parham Health values the trust our community places in us, and we appreciate your understanding as we shift our visitation policies during this time.
For details about our COVID-19 response, please visit mariaparham.com.