From the National Weather Service, a winter weather advisory remains in effect for the WIZS area of Vance, Granville, Warren and Franklin Counties until 7 a.m. Saturday for icy roads, black ice, hazardous travel conditions and dangerous wind chill values.
A winter weather advisory for black ice means dangerous travel from unseen ice as well as compacted snow on the road. You are urged to be cautious while traveling both during the day and at night because high temperatures are not suppose to be above freezing through the period, with overnight lows in the single digits and wind chill values at or below zero at times.
Exposure to these wind chills can cause frostbit in as little as 30 minutes and could lead to the beginning stages of hypothermia. Animals can be negatively affected as well.
Connect With The Author
- Mother’s Day Weekend Concert at McGregor Hall - April 26, 2018
- Oxford’s Second Annual Multicultural Festival – Saturday, May 12 - April 26, 2018
- BIG DAY in Warren County 4-28-18 - April 26, 2018
- It’s Warren County Map Time! - April 26, 2018
- Warren County Farmers Market Now Open! - April 25, 2018
- Northern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- Warren Co. Chamber of Commerce Office Moving - April 25, 2018
- Southern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- 4th Annual Hawg in the Holler Musical Festival – Sat. April 28 - April 25, 2018
- Boards & Commissions Committee to Meet Friday, April 27 - April 25, 2018