100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Sheri Jones, Director, VGCC Small Business Center
The Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Center is offering two free, three hour classes entitled “Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks.”
The classes will be offered on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, at the times and locations as listed below and is being taught by Semone Brisson, an Accountant and QuickBooks Consultant of Brisson’s Accounting out of Salisbury, NC. A description of the classes content is below and registration is required.
If you, your members or someone you know could benefit from these classes, please forward the following information and registration links to them.
The links can also be accessed from our website at https://www.vgcc.edu/coned/small-business-center/#schedules.
1) “Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks”
This informative seminar is geared toward the novice bookkeeper and QuickBooks user. An accountant and QuickBooks consultant will show you how to set up and use QuickBooks desktop software for everyday accounting tasks in the simplest, most efficient way possible for your company or non-profit.
- Setting up a company file quickly
- Understanding and designing financial statements
- How items and classes work
- When to use receivables, payables and bank feeds
- What is a “set of books” and how does it work?
- What bookkeeping practices do I need?
This seminar will benefit both QuickBooks desktop and online users. It is not intended to be a “step-by-step hands-on class” and does not require a book. Questions are welcomed and encouraged.
“Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks”
Wednesday, July 31 from 6 – 9 p.m.
Kerr Lake Country Club – 600 Hedrick Dr. Henderson, NC 27537
Registration Link: https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390033
2) “Understanding Financial Statements”
Maintaining and understanding financial information is critical to running a profitable small business. This three hour seminar helps small business owners focus on using key financial reports to understand and operate their businesses. The seminar also explains how small business owners can use their financial statements to identify potential problems before they become serious threats to the business’ survival.
“Understanding Financial Statements”
Wednesday, July 31 from 1 – 4 p.m.
Vance-Granville Community College, Bldg. 7 – 200 Community College Road Henderson, NC 27536
Registration Link: https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390035
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019