100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Sheri Jones, Director, VGCC Small Business Center
The Vance-Granville Community College Small Business Center is offering two free, three hour classes entitled “Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks.”
The classes will be offered on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, at the times and locations as listed below and is being taught by Semone Brisson, an Accountant and QuickBooks Consultant of Brisson’s Accounting out of Salisbury, NC. A description of the classes content is below and registration is required.
If you, your members or someone you know could benefit from these classes, please forward the following information and registration links to them.
The links can also be accessed from our website at https://www.vgcc.edu/coned/small-business-center/#schedules.
1) “Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks”
This informative seminar is geared toward the novice bookkeeper and QuickBooks user. An accountant and QuickBooks consultant will show you how to set up and use QuickBooks desktop software for everyday accounting tasks in the simplest, most efficient way possible for your company or non-profit.
- Setting up a company file quickly
- Understanding and designing financial statements
- How items and classes work
- When to use receivables, payables and bank feeds
- What is a “set of books” and how does it work?
- What bookkeeping practices do I need?
This seminar will benefit both QuickBooks desktop and online users. It is not intended to be a “step-by-step hands-on class” and does not require a book. Questions are welcomed and encouraged.
“Quick Start Bookkeeping with QuickBooks”
Wednesday, July 31 from 6 – 9 p.m.
Kerr Lake Country Club – 600 Hedrick Dr. Henderson, NC 27537
Registration Link: https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390033
2) “Understanding Financial Statements”
Maintaining and understanding financial information is critical to running a profitable small business. This three hour seminar helps small business owners focus on using key financial reports to understand and operate their businesses. The seminar also explains how small business owners can use their financial statements to identify potential problems before they become serious threats to the business’ survival.
“Understanding Financial Statements”
Wednesday, July 31 from 1 – 4 p.m.
Vance-Granville Community College, Bldg. 7 – 200 Community College Road Henderson, NC 27536
Registration Link: https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390035
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019