100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Vance-Granville Community College President Dr. Rachel Desmarais recently presented medallions to honor the college’s faculty and staff members of the year for 2018-19. The medallions are provided by the National Institute for Staff & Organizational Development (NISOD) at The University of Texas at Austin as part of its excellence awards program, in which VGCC participates.
Stewart Lyon, honored as the outstanding faculty member, is the Program Head for Bioprocess Technology and was previously a Biology instructor for the college. He has been a VGCC faculty member for the past five-and-a-half years. “Serving at VGCC has been an awesome experience,” Lyon said. “We have a great community of faculty, staff, and students. I’m happy to be able to grow here.”
Blondelle T. Edgerton, the college’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) director, was recognized as the staff member of the year. A Louisburg resident, Edgerton has 24 years of service with VGCC. “Working at VGCC has been a very rewarding experience, especially seeing our students mature and become successful,” she said.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020