100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Vance-Granville Community College President Dr. Rachel Desmarais recently presented medallions to honor the college’s faculty and staff members of the year for 2018-19. The medallions are provided by the National Institute for Staff & Organizational Development (NISOD) at The University of Texas at Austin as part of its excellence awards program, in which VGCC participates.
Stewart Lyon, honored as the outstanding faculty member, is the Program Head for Bioprocess Technology and was previously a Biology instructor for the college. He has been a VGCC faculty member for the past five-and-a-half years. “Serving at VGCC has been an awesome experience,” Lyon said. “We have a great community of faculty, staff, and students. I’m happy to be able to grow here.”
Blondelle T. Edgerton, the college’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) director, was recognized as the staff member of the year. A Louisburg resident, Edgerton has 24 years of service with VGCC. “Working at VGCC has been a very rewarding experience, especially seeing our students mature and become successful,” she said.
Connect With The Author
- Second Suspect in Kittrell Food Mart Armed Robbery Arrested - February 21, 2020
- FREE Henderson Junior Firefighter Program Open to First 15 Participants - February 21, 2020
- MPH Relay For Life Team to Hold Quarter Auction, March Madness Buffet - February 21, 2020
- Granville Co. Activities: Feb. 22 – Feb. 29 - February 21, 2020
- Granville Chamber’s ‘Cluck ‘N Shuck’ Seafood Event Rescheduled for April - February 20, 2020
- Plank Chapel UMC Hosting Resources Brunch, Caregiving Discussion - February 20, 2020
- Henderson City Council to Hold Annual Strategic Planning Retreat - February 20, 2020
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - February 20, 2020
- Closings and Weather 02/20 – 02/21 - February 20, 2020
- George R. Watkins Receives United Way’s Sam Watkins Visionary Award - February 19, 2020