100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Vance-Granville Community College President Dr. Rachel Desmarais recently presented medallions to honor the college’s faculty and staff members of the year for 2018-19. The medallions are provided by the National Institute for Staff & Organizational Development (NISOD) at The University of Texas at Austin as part of its excellence awards program, in which VGCC participates.
Stewart Lyon, honored as the outstanding faculty member, is the Program Head for Bioprocess Technology and was previously a Biology instructor for the college. He has been a VGCC faculty member for the past five-and-a-half years. “Serving at VGCC has been an awesome experience,” Lyon said. “We have a great community of faculty, staff, and students. I’m happy to be able to grow here.”
Blondelle T. Edgerton, the college’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) director, was recognized as the staff member of the year. A Louisburg resident, Edgerton has 24 years of service with VGCC. “Working at VGCC has been a very rewarding experience, especially seeing our students mature and become successful,” she said.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019