-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Registration ends on Friday, May 18, for the 2018 edition of Vance-Granville Community College’s Science Camp for local middle school students. The camp will be held Monday through Friday, June 11-15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Rising sixth, seventh and eighth-graders from Franklin, Granville, Vance and Warren counties are invited to participate in the week-long camp, now in its eighth year.
Sessions will be taught by faculty members from the VGCC Science Department and other college programs.
“We encourage young people in our service area to take advantage of this great opportunity to explore the world of science,” said VGCC Science Department Chair Steve McGrady. “We will have fun, hands-on activities that involve various sciences and allow campers to explore STEM career fields such as biotechnology, electronics and pharmacy. Our outstanding VGCC faculty members collaborate each year to make this a learning experience that is unlike anything available in our four-county area.”
The cost to attend the camp is $125, which includes lunch each day and a camp T-shirt.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019