-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Registration ends on Friday, May 18, for the 2018 edition of Vance-Granville Community College’s Science Camp for local middle school students. The camp will be held Monday through Friday, June 11-15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Rising sixth, seventh and eighth-graders from Franklin, Granville, Vance and Warren counties are invited to participate in the week-long camp, now in its eighth year.
Sessions will be taught by faculty members from the VGCC Science Department and other college programs.
“We encourage young people in our service area to take advantage of this great opportunity to explore the world of science,” said VGCC Science Department Chair Steve McGrady. “We will have fun, hands-on activities that involve various sciences and allow campers to explore STEM career fields such as biotechnology, electronics and pharmacy. Our outstanding VGCC faculty members collaborate each year to make this a learning experience that is unlike anything available in our four-county area.”
The cost to attend the camp is $125, which includes lunch each day and a camp T-shirt.
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018