-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Registration ends on Friday, May 18, for the 2018 edition of Vance-Granville Community College’s Science Camp for local middle school students. The camp will be held Monday through Friday, June 11-15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Rising sixth, seventh and eighth-graders from Franklin, Granville, Vance and Warren counties are invited to participate in the week-long camp, now in its eighth year.
Sessions will be taught by faculty members from the VGCC Science Department and other college programs.
“We encourage young people in our service area to take advantage of this great opportunity to explore the world of science,” said VGCC Science Department Chair Steve McGrady. “We will have fun, hands-on activities that involve various sciences and allow campers to explore STEM career fields such as biotechnology, electronics and pharmacy. Our outstanding VGCC faculty members collaborate each year to make this a learning experience that is unlike anything available in our four-county area.”
The cost to attend the camp is $125, which includes lunch each day and a camp T-shirt.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018
- Vance Co. High School Invites Community to Open House – Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Education’s Aug. Meeting to Focus on Declining Enrollment - August 17, 2018
- Lots of Good ‘Grub’ at the Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market This Weekend - August 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering Fast-Track Swim Lessons for Ages 3 – Adult - August 17, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Meeting for Mon., Aug. 20 – CANCELED - August 17, 2018
- Louws Charged With First & Second Degree Exploitation of a Minor - August 17, 2018
- Wilson Re-Elected President of Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - August 16, 2018
- Free Lunch & Hands-On Learning at Carlee Farm Lunch & Learn Event - August 16, 2018