-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Registration ends on Friday, May 18, for the 2018 edition of Vance-Granville Community College’s Science Camp for local middle school students. The camp will be held Monday through Friday, June 11-15, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day on the college’s Main Campus in Vance County.
Rising sixth, seventh and eighth-graders from Franklin, Granville, Vance and Warren counties are invited to participate in the week-long camp, now in its eighth year.
Sessions will be taught by faculty members from the VGCC Science Department and other college programs.
“We encourage young people in our service area to take advantage of this great opportunity to explore the world of science,” said VGCC Science Department Chair Steve McGrady. “We will have fun, hands-on activities that involve various sciences and allow campers to explore STEM career fields such as biotechnology, electronics and pharmacy. Our outstanding VGCC faculty members collaborate each year to make this a learning experience that is unlike anything available in our four-county area.”
The cost to attend the camp is $125, which includes lunch each day and a camp T-shirt.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018