100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools will be planning monthly Parent Sessions to help families learn about how they can help their children in school, find helpful resources in our county and help parents with everyday family responsibilities.
On October 17, we will be having our first Parent and Family Night at LB Yancey Elementary School from 5:30 – 7 p.m. There will be a light snack for those who attend.
There will be two topics discussed. “We are in School, Now What?” will be geared towards Pre-K and Kindergarten parents, with a focus on student experiences, academic growth and expectations.
The second topic is “Developing Good Homework and Study Habits,” geared towards parents with students of all ages, allowing them to learn tips on good study habits and organizational skills to share with their children.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Raven Burns, Family and Parent Liaison for Vance County Schools at 252-492-2127.
Connect With The Author
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020