100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools will be planning monthly Parent Sessions to help families learn about how they can help their children in school, find helpful resources in our county and help parents with everyday family responsibilities.
On October 17, we will be having our first Parent and Family Night at LB Yancey Elementary School from 5:30 – 7 p.m. There will be a light snack for those who attend.
There will be two topics discussed. “We are in School, Now What?” will be geared towards Pre-K and Kindergarten parents, with a focus on student experiences, academic growth and expectations.
The second topic is “Developing Good Homework and Study Habits,” geared towards parents with students of all ages, allowing them to learn tips on good study habits and organizational skills to share with their children.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Raven Burns, Family and Parent Liaison for Vance County Schools at 252-492-2127.
Connect With The Author
- FREE Fresh Produce Available at Second Thurs. Food Distribution - November 12, 2019
- Census Bureau Begins Job Recruitment Efforts - November 12, 2019
- Warrenton Christmas Parade to Delight Main Street Sat., Dec. 14 - November 12, 2019
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for ‘Cookies & Milk With Santa’ - November 12, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory Lower School Announces First Quarter Honor Roll - November 12, 2019
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019