100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Granville County Crime Stoppers will host their Fourth Annual Banquet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.
The event will be held at the First Baptist Church in Creedmoor to recognize and to show support for local law enforcement officers all across the county. Awards will also be given to businesses and individuals who are instrumental in helping Crime Stoppers achieve their goal of making our communities a safer place to live.
Special guest and keynote speaker will be Superior Court Judge John Dunlowe. The former attorney, who now sits on the bench, has extensive knowledge of the role of law enforcement in the criminal justice system.
This year’s event will be opened by the presentation of colors, courtesy of the Sheriff’s Honor Guard, and the singing of the National Anthem by the chorus of one of Granville County’s Public Schools. The meal, served by local volunteers, will consist of bbq chicken, two sides, bread, dessert and beverages.
Individual tickets are now available, or tables can be reserved for businesses, organizations, churches, agencies or civic clubs.
Granville County Crime Stoppers is comprised of members of the community, the media, law enforcement agencies and businesses that work together to help solve crimes. Citizens are encouraged, via cash rewards and a promise of anonymity, to provide information leading to the arrest and indictment of criminals.
If interested in attending and showing support for law enforcement officers of the Granville County Sheriff’s Office, Butner Public Safety, or Police Departments of Creedmoor, Oxford, Stem or Stovall, please contact Vickie Boyd at 919-514-7063.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019