-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
The State Board of Community Colleges has approved the appointment of Dr. Rachel Desmarais as president of Vance-Granville Community College.
She will begin her tenure as the seventh president in the college’s history on Monday, Jan. 28, 2019, according to Danny W. Wright, chair of the VGCC Board of Trustees. The action of the State Board came at its monthly meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 18, at the North Carolina Community College System offices in Raleigh.
Currently the executive vice president and chief operating officer of Forsyth Technical Community College in Winston-Salem, Dr. Desmarais was selected for her new position by the VGCC trustees on Dec. 5. She was among nearly 90 applicants for the post.
The new president succeeds Dr. Stelfanie Williams who left in August to become the vice president for Durham affairs at Duke University. Dr. Gordon Burns, retired president of Wilkes Community College, is serving as interim president for VGCC until Dr. Desmarais takes office.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019