100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
The Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments announces Focus 20/20, a Regional Economic Development Summit to be held at the McGregor Hall Performing Arts Center in Henderson on February 20, 2020. The summit kicks off at
Keynote speaker for the event is Doug Griffiths, author of the bestselling book, 13 Ways to Kill Your Community. Doug works with communities across the US and Canada to identify and overcome challenges that prohibit their ability to become thriving, sustainable, and desirable.
UPDATE: We are pleased to announce that NC Department of Commerce Secretary Anthony Copeland will also be making remarks at the Summit.
Other featured speakers for the Summit include:
● Dr. Michael Walden, William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor and Extension Economist at North Carolina State University
● Hillary Sherman, NC Economic Development Representative, US Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration
● Thom Ruhe, President & CEO, NC IDEA
● Jennifer Lantz, Executive Director, Wilson Economic Development Council
● Dr. Jenni Harris, Executive Director of Business Services, North Carolina Department of Commerce, Division of Workforce Solutions
● Dawn Michelle Tucker, Dean of Continuing Education and College & Career Readiness, Vance Granville Community College
● Dr. Pamela G. Senegal, President, Piedmont Community College
● Judy Bradsher, M.Ed., Director, CTE Programs/GEAR UP Liaison, Person County Schools
● Rhonda L. High, Customized Training Director, Halifax Community College
“This Summit is a timely and relevant event for citizens who seek to learn more about the advantages and challenges of preparing their communities for economic development success. It will provide best practices and examples that can be applied locally.” -Diane Cox, Executive Director, Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments.
Summit presentations will focus on the following:
● Setting the Stage for Economic Development in Your Community
● Advancing Entrepreneurship
● Talent Development-Best Practice Workforce Initiatives
● 13 Ways to Kill Your Community – Lessons on what really makes the difference between a prospering community and a failing one.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020