100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Sheriff’s Office
On Thursday, February 13, 2020, at 9:56 p.m. the Vance County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Division responded to Kittrell Food Mart, located at 1243 U.S. Highway I South in reference to an armed robbery and an assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Vance County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division arrived at the scene and developed a person of interest.
After conducting interviews, Tyric Keith, age 21, became a suspect. Keith was charged with one count of Attempted Armed Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon and Assault with a Deadly Weapon Inflicting Serious Injury. Keith was also charged with Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon for an incident that occurred at the same location on February 1, 2020.
Keith’s bond was set at $500,000.00. His court date is February 26, 2020.
This investigation is continuing.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020