-Press Release, Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
The Kerr-Tar Area Agency on Aging (AAA) and Dementia Alliance of North Carolina will host a Dementia Education Conference on Tuesday, August 7 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. The event will take place at the Vance-Granville Civic Center, 200 Community College Road, Henderson.
The event is open to the public including caregivers, students, local leaders and aging professionals. The cost includes $10 for caregivers and $40 for Aging and Health Professionals. Register online at www.dementianc.org/henderson. Deadline to register is Tuesday, July 31.
Conference topics include Aging and Memory: What’s Normal and What’s Not, Redefining Technology for Caregivers, Adjusting Activities as Dementia Progresses and more! Breakfast and lunch will be provided, courtesy of Chef Christian Brown with Lake Gastronomy Catering.
Contact Harvey Holmes, Family Caregiver Specialist, with any questions or concerns at 252-436-2040 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018
- Vance Co. High School Invites Community to Open House – Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Education’s Aug. Meeting to Focus on Declining Enrollment - August 17, 2018
- Lots of Good ‘Grub’ at the Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market This Weekend - August 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering Fast-Track Swim Lessons for Ages 3 – Adult - August 17, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Meeting for Mon., Aug. 20 – CANCELED - August 17, 2018
- Louws Charged With First & Second Degree Exploitation of a Minor - August 17, 2018
- Wilson Re-Elected President of Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - August 16, 2018
- Free Lunch & Hands-On Learning at Carlee Farm Lunch & Learn Event - August 16, 2018