-Press Release, Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
The Kerr-Tar Area Agency on Aging (AAA) and Dementia Alliance of North Carolina will host a Dementia Education Conference on Tuesday, August 7 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. The event will take place at the Vance-Granville Civic Center, 200 Community College Road, Henderson.
The event is open to the public including caregivers, students, local leaders and aging professionals. The cost includes $10 for caregivers and $40 for Aging and Health Professionals. Register online at www.dementianc.org/henderson. Deadline to register is Tuesday, July 31.
Conference topics include Aging and Memory: What’s Normal and What’s Not, Redefining Technology for Caregivers, Adjusting Activities as Dementia Progresses and more! Breakfast and lunch will be provided, courtesy of Chef Christian Brown with Lake Gastronomy Catering.
Contact Harvey Holmes, Family Caregiver Specialist, with any questions or concerns at 252-436-2040 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019