100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Vance County Animal Services
Vance County Animal Services responded to a call on September 13, 2019, in reference to a possible rabid fox in the 5000 block of US 1-158. The fox was sent off for testing and has tested positive for rabies.
At this time, Animal Services is asking the public to please make sure that all cats and dogs are up-to-date on their rabies vaccines. Even if your pet is up-to-date and you live in the area, a booster is recommended.
Vance County Animal Services offers the rabies vaccine for $5. Hours are Mon: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.; Tuesday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019