100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
A recent indictment of Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins for his alleged role in the potential homicide plot of a former sheriff’s deputy is not the only concern for the man who has been sheriff since 2009.
In a second, pending North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) matter, Sheriff Wilkins, the Granville County Narcotics Division and the Interstate Interdiction Team are under investigation for allegations of financial wrongdoing, according to a letter sent by District Attorney Michael D. Waters to the SBI in March.
Waters serves as DA for the 9th Prosecutorial District which includes Granville County.
WIZS will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019