100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
A recent indictment of Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins for his alleged role in the potential homicide plot of a former sheriff’s deputy is not the only concern for the man who has been sheriff since 2009.
In a second, pending North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) matter, Sheriff Wilkins, the Granville County Narcotics Division and the Interstate Interdiction Team are under investigation for allegations of financial wrongdoing, according to a letter sent by District Attorney Michael D. Waters to the SBI in March.
Waters serves as DA for the 9th Prosecutorial District which includes Granville County.
WIZS will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Partners with Perry Memorial Library - January 28, 2020
- Next No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Feb. 13 - January 28, 2020
- Granville Commissioners’ Retreat Scheduled for Jan. 30-31 - January 28, 2020
- Yancey Shares Family’s Cancer Journey With New Book - January 28, 2020
- Filming Opportunity Available for Warren County’s Small Businesses - January 28, 2020
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020