-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
The Vance-Granville Community College Board of Trustees is now inviting applications and nominations for the position of President of the college.
A website has been launched with a presidential profile and the details of the application procedure. The site can be reached at www.vgcc.edu/presidentialsearch.
General inquiries about the college and application materials can be directed to April Perkinson, search liaison to the board, at (252) 738-3227 or [email protected].
To be assured consideration, resumes and cover letters must be received by Friday, November 9, 2018, according to the website. Resumes with cover letters and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Trustees are working with the firm of Executive Leadership Associates (ELA) LLC of Emerald Isle to assist in the search for a replacement for Dr. Stelfanie Williams who left the college in August to take a job with Duke University. The new president will be the seventh in the history of the college.
ELA, described as “a consortium of former North Carolina community college presidents who are committed to ensuring that our internationally recognized community college system continues its proud tradition of excellence,” was selected by the Board of Trustees at its September 17 meeting.
The firm is helping the Trustees by creating the presidential profile of the ideal candidate needed, guiding the search process, and recruiting and screening applicants as needed.
The trustees are expected to present finalists to the State Board of Community Colleges for evaluation early in 2019, said Dr. Gordon Burns who is serving as interim president for the college. The board plans to have the new president in place in March 2019. Dr. Burns served as president of Wilkes Community College in North Wilkesboro for 18 years before retiring in 2014.
Serving on the Trustees’ presidential search committee are Trustees Deborah Brown, chair; Herb Gregory, vice chair; N. Annette P. Myers, Abdul Sm Rasheed, Donald C. Seifert, Sr., and Sara C. Wester.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools’ Student Spotlight Winners Tour Washington, D.C. - June 24, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Planning Director on Required Permits - June 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Fast-Track Afternoon Swim Lessons - June 24, 2019
- Granville Co. Government’s Summer Civic Leadership Program Underway - June 24, 2019
- VGCC Child Care Center Awarded Five Stars - June 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Animal Services Recipient of Spay/Neuter Grant - June 21, 2019
- 9V Batteries Needed for Fire Dept.’s Annual Campaign - June 21, 2019
- Alston Arrested on Multiple Drug, Firearm-Related Charges - June 21, 2019
- VCS Students Benefit From Read to Achieve Summer Camps - June 21, 2019
- Granville’s Lake Holt Fireworks Celebration Set for Wed., July 3 - June 21, 2019