-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
The Vance-Granville Community College Board of Trustees is now inviting applications and nominations for the position of President of the college.
A website has been launched with a presidential profile and the details of the application procedure. The site can be reached at www.vgcc.edu/presidentialsearch.
General inquiries about the college and application materials can be directed to April Perkinson, search liaison to the board, at (252) 738-3227 or [email protected].
To be assured consideration, resumes and cover letters must be received by Friday, November 9, 2018, according to the website. Resumes with cover letters and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Trustees are working with the firm of Executive Leadership Associates (ELA) LLC of Emerald Isle to assist in the search for a replacement for Dr. Stelfanie Williams who left the college in August to take a job with Duke University. The new president will be the seventh in the history of the college.
ELA, described as “a consortium of former North Carolina community college presidents who are committed to ensuring that our internationally recognized community college system continues its proud tradition of excellence,” was selected by the Board of Trustees at its September 17 meeting.
The firm is helping the Trustees by creating the presidential profile of the ideal candidate needed, guiding the search process, and recruiting and screening applicants as needed.
The trustees are expected to present finalists to the State Board of Community Colleges for evaluation early in 2019, said Dr. Gordon Burns who is serving as interim president for the college. The board plans to have the new president in place in March 2019. Dr. Burns served as president of Wilkes Community College in North Wilkesboro for 18 years before retiring in 2014.
Serving on the Trustees’ presidential search committee are Trustees Deborah Brown, chair; Herb Gregory, vice chair; N. Annette P. Myers, Abdul Sm Rasheed, Donald C. Seifert, Sr., and Sara C. Wester.
Connect With The Author
- Community Leaders Visit Vance Co. Public Schools During ‘Community to Schools’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Duke Energy Down to Fewer Than 30 Outages in Aftermath of Winter Storm Diego - December 11, 2018
- Reverse Raffle Raises $6,000 for ‘Shop With A Cop’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Watkins Volunteer Fire Depart.’s Pancake Dinner to Benefit Raegan Owen - December 11, 2018
- Gospel Singing & Free Giveaways at Victory Road Baptist’s Pre-Christmas Celebration - December 11, 2018
- Perry Memorial Library Adding New Programs to Winter Youth Lineup - December 10, 2018
- Grace Ministries Now Accepting New & Gently Used Items for Toy Drive - December 10, 2018
- Save the Date: MADD to Hold Next Meeting Jan. 22; Volunteers Needed - December 10, 2018
- Duke Energy Outage & Safety Info - December 9, 2018
- State of Emergency Declared for Vance County; Area Braces for Inclement Weather - December 7, 2018