VGCC Cosmetology — press release
The president of Vance-Granville Community College, Dr. Stelfanie Williams, recently recognized a group of faculty members for excellence by awarding the “Vanguard Cup” to the college’s Cosmetology department.
The department became the third recipient of the cup, an honor created by Dr. Williams to recognize “exceptional team performance toward the college mission, vision and strategic plan.”
In this case, the president lauded the Cosmetology faculty for their outstanding work on promoting student success on the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners licensure exam.
“In order to help students achieve professional success, the Cosmetology department set a goal of having 90% of its students pass the state board exam,” Dr. Williams noted. “With clear strategies to accomplish this, they initiated faculty professional development to better prepare students, training videos for students, online modules for student preparation, and a mock state exam review. As a result, this past year, the department exceeded the original goal and achieved a 100% passing rate across all four VGCC campuses.”
The president added, “The Cosmetology faculty are to be commended for their creativity and their commitment. The education, inspiration and support that they provide empowers students to start rewarding careers.”
“We have an exceptionally dedicated team of instructors in the VGCC Cosmetology department who work really hard to ensure our students’ success,” said Program Head Tomeka Moss, who is also a graduate of the program. “Our program’s success is without a doubt a team effort, of which I am extremely proud.”
VGCC offers diploma and certificate programs in Cosmetology, along with a Cosmetology Instructor certificate program. These curriculum programs provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. Students develop their skills in a simulated salon environment at each VGCC campus, located in Vance, Granville, Franklin and Warren counties. For more information, contact Tomeka Moss at (252) 738-3357.
Connect With The Author
- Mother’s Day Weekend Concert at McGregor Hall - April 26, 2018
- Oxford’s Second Annual Multicultural Festival – Saturday, May 12 - April 26, 2018
- BIG DAY in Warren County 4-28-18 - April 26, 2018
- It’s Warren County Map Time! - April 26, 2018
- Warren County Farmers Market Now Open! - April 25, 2018
- Northern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- Warren Co. Chamber of Commerce Office Moving - April 25, 2018
- Southern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- 4th Annual Hawg in the Holler Musical Festival – Sat. April 28 - April 25, 2018
- Boards & Commissions Committee to Meet Friday, April 27 - April 25, 2018