— press release courtesy VGCC
VGCC names educator to lead programs
Vance-Granville Community College recently named Delton Farmer of Durham to head three academic programs: Accounting, Business Administration and Supply Chain Management. Farmer has been a VGCC faculty member since 2007.
Farmer is a veteran of the U.S. Army, in which he served as a logistical specialist. He earned an associate degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, a bachelor’s degree at North Carolina Wesleyan College, and master’s degrees in both Business Administration and Health Administration at Pfeiffer University.
After completing six years of military service, Farmer entered the business world, working as an accountant, financial analyst and manager, primarily in the health-care and clinical research industries in the Research Triangle area. In his more than a decade at VGCC, he has taught a variety of Business Administration and Supply Chain (formerly known as Global Logistics) courses at multiple campuses and online. Farmer is also the pastor for Covenant Presbyterian Church in Durham, and he has completed his Master of Divinity degree from Shaw University.
The three curriculum degree programs that Farmer will oversee prepare students for a variety of careers in business, accounting and logistics industries. Students may complete the Business Administration and Supply Chain Management programs completely online if they choose. Supply Chain Management has two degree track options: Global Logistics Technology and Trucking Operations Management.
The VGCC Accounting program, meanwhile, was recognized as one of the ten best associate degree programs in its field across the United States by Accounting.com in 2017.
“Delton brings a wealth of real-world experience from the military and the private sector to his position, along with his many years in the classroom, educating, inspiring and supporting VGCC students,” said Angela Gardner-Ragland, VGCC’s Dean of Business and Applied Technologies. “We look forward to his leadership in continuing to grow our programs in these exciting fields that offer numerous employment opportunities for our graduates.”
For more information on the Accounting, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management programs, contact Farmer at (252) 738-3295 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - February 20, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - February 20, 2018
- Master Gardener Symposium March 24 – Registration Required - February 19, 2018
- West End Community Watch Meeting Tues, Feb 20, 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oxford Prep Set to Host 4th Mattress Sale Fundraiser - February 19, 2018
- VGCC Vanguards to play JV Tar Heels at Dean Dome - February 19, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - February 14, 2018
- Kittrell Community Watch Meeting Thurs, Feb 15, 2018 - February 13, 2018
- VGCC Honors Retired Faculty and Staff - February 13, 2018
- Meeting Student/Parent Needs in the 21st Century - February 12, 2018