— press release courtesy VGCC
VGCC names educator to lead programs
Vance-Granville Community College recently named Delton Farmer of Durham to head three academic programs: Accounting, Business Administration and Supply Chain Management. Farmer has been a VGCC faculty member since 2007.
Farmer is a veteran of the U.S. Army, in which he served as a logistical specialist. He earned an associate degree at the University of Maryland, College Park, a bachelor’s degree at North Carolina Wesleyan College, and master’s degrees in both Business Administration and Health Administration at Pfeiffer University.
After completing six years of military service, Farmer entered the business world, working as an accountant, financial analyst and manager, primarily in the health-care and clinical research industries in the Research Triangle area. In his more than a decade at VGCC, he has taught a variety of Business Administration and Supply Chain (formerly known as Global Logistics) courses at multiple campuses and online. Farmer is also the pastor for Covenant Presbyterian Church in Durham, and he has completed his Master of Divinity degree from Shaw University.
The three curriculum degree programs that Farmer will oversee prepare students for a variety of careers in business, accounting and logistics industries. Students may complete the Business Administration and Supply Chain Management programs completely online if they choose. Supply Chain Management has two degree track options: Global Logistics Technology and Trucking Operations Management.
The VGCC Accounting program, meanwhile, was recognized as one of the ten best associate degree programs in its field across the United States by Accounting.com in 2017.
“Delton brings a wealth of real-world experience from the military and the private sector to his position, along with his many years in the classroom, educating, inspiring and supporting VGCC students,” said Angela Gardner-Ragland, VGCC’s Dean of Business and Applied Technologies. “We look forward to his leadership in continuing to grow our programs in these exciting fields that offer numerous employment opportunities for our graduates.”
For more information on the Accounting, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management programs, contact Farmer at (252) 738-3295 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - February 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - February 19, 2019
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019
- Local News 01/25/19 - January 25, 2019
- Farmhouse on Glebe Rd. a ‘Total Loss’ After Evening Fire - January 24, 2019
- Framework Set For Vance County Fire Service Discussion - January 23, 2019
- Breckenridge Pavilion Project Slowly, but Surely, Moving Ahead - January 14, 2019
- A TRIBUTE TO SAM WATKINS - January 6, 2019
- Man Shot Dead, HPD Asking For Assistance - January 6, 2019
- Re-Elected Board of Education Members Sworn In to New Terms - December 18, 2018