-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Six graduates of the Vance-Granville Community College Child Care Center on the college’s Main Campus were honored in a ceremony on June 1.
Preparing to enter kindergarten this fall, the Class of 2018 includes Luke Siler Capps of Oxford; Reed Harding Copeland of Bullock; Victon Steven-Cejorus Doyle of Wake Forest; Eli Michael Duke of Oxford; Cole Thomas Faulkner Jr. of Henderson; and Dixee Caroline Seaman of Warrenton.
“It has been such a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of the growth of your child,” said Bridget Perry, manager of the child care center, to the family members gathered to celebrate the graduates.
Following an annual tradition for the center, Perry reported on what the graduates told their teachers they want to be when they grow up — from police officers and doctors to soldiers, firefighers and teachers.
During the program, the children, known as the “Fabulous Fours” for their ages, recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang three songs — “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” “It’s A Beautiful Day” and “Thank-You Song.”
The invocation was given by Seaman, and Copeland provided the welcome.
The “Graduation Poem” was read by Seaman, followed by the poem “I’m Graduating,” recited by Doyle. Duke read the poem “Graduation Poem” and Capps presented the poem “Great Expectations.” All of the “Fabulous Fours” joined together for the poem “I’m a Graduate,” and Faulkner read the poem “Kindergarten Here We Come.”
Parents are encouraged to inquire about openings at the center by contacting Bridget Perry at (252) 738-3220 or [email protected]. Parents from among the general public can enroll their children there, as can parents who are VGCC students or employees.
More photos: Check out this album on Flickr!
Connect With The Author
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018
- Henderson Institute Historical Museum to Host ‘Great Gatsby Gala’ at KLCC - November 12, 2018
- Yoga, Slide N Glide & Youth Basketball Extended at Aycock Rec. Center - November 12, 2018
- Leah Hinton to Perform at ‘A Night of Jazz Benefit Concert’ - November 12, 2018
- Reminder: Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Tour District 5 - November 12, 2018