-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Six graduates of the Vance-Granville Community College Child Care Center on the college’s Main Campus were honored in a ceremony on June 1.
Preparing to enter kindergarten this fall, the Class of 2018 includes Luke Siler Capps of Oxford; Reed Harding Copeland of Bullock; Victon Steven-Cejorus Doyle of Wake Forest; Eli Michael Duke of Oxford; Cole Thomas Faulkner Jr. of Henderson; and Dixee Caroline Seaman of Warrenton.
“It has been such a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of the growth of your child,” said Bridget Perry, manager of the child care center, to the family members gathered to celebrate the graduates.
Following an annual tradition for the center, Perry reported on what the graduates told their teachers they want to be when they grow up — from police officers and doctors to soldiers, firefighers and teachers.
During the program, the children, known as the “Fabulous Fours” for their ages, recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang three songs — “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” “It’s A Beautiful Day” and “Thank-You Song.”
The invocation was given by Seaman, and Copeland provided the welcome.
The “Graduation Poem” was read by Seaman, followed by the poem “I’m Graduating,” recited by Doyle. Duke read the poem “Graduation Poem” and Capps presented the poem “Great Expectations.” All of the “Fabulous Fours” joined together for the poem “I’m a Graduate,” and Faulkner read the poem “Kindergarten Here We Come.”
Parents are encouraged to inquire about openings at the center by contacting Bridget Perry at (252) 738-3220 or [email protected]. Parents from among the general public can enroll their children there, as can parents who are VGCC students or employees.
More photos: Check out this album on Flickr!
Connect With The Author
- Six Granville Co. Roads Currently Closed Due to Flooding - September 18, 2018
- Maria Parham Health Awarded Hospital Accreditation From the Joint Commission - September 17, 2018
- City’s Remodeled Fire Station, New Engine to be on Display at Open House - September 17, 2018
- Henderson-Vance Crime Stoppers to Hold Annual Awards Banquet - September 17, 2018
- September’s ‘Gathering of Gardeners’ Workshop Canceled - September 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center’s Fall Festival to Offer Family Fun - September 17, 2018
- Amis Chapel Baptist to Host ‘Family Fun Day’ at Oxford’s Camp Oak Hill - September 17, 2018
- Vance Co. Tornado Not Confirmed by Local Officials; No Damage Reported - September 17, 2018
- Television Show ‘Fishing University’ to Feature Kerr Lake, Vance Co. Attractions - September 14, 2018
- Hurricane Florence Updates – Sept. 14 - September 14, 2018