-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Six graduates of the Vance-Granville Community College Child Care Center on the college’s Main Campus were honored in a ceremony on June 1.
Preparing to enter kindergarten this fall, the Class of 2018 includes Luke Siler Capps of Oxford; Reed Harding Copeland of Bullock; Victon Steven-Cejorus Doyle of Wake Forest; Eli Michael Duke of Oxford; Cole Thomas Faulkner Jr. of Henderson; and Dixee Caroline Seaman of Warrenton.
“It has been such a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of the growth of your child,” said Bridget Perry, manager of the child care center, to the family members gathered to celebrate the graduates.
Following an annual tradition for the center, Perry reported on what the graduates told their teachers they want to be when they grow up — from police officers and doctors to soldiers, firefighers and teachers.
During the program, the children, known as the “Fabulous Fours” for their ages, recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang three songs — “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” “It’s A Beautiful Day” and “Thank-You Song.”
The invocation was given by Seaman, and Copeland provided the welcome.
The “Graduation Poem” was read by Seaman, followed by the poem “I’m Graduating,” recited by Doyle. Duke read the poem “Graduation Poem” and Capps presented the poem “Great Expectations.” All of the “Fabulous Fours” joined together for the poem “I’m a Graduate,” and Faulkner read the poem “Kindergarten Here We Come.”
Parents are encouraged to inquire about openings at the center by contacting Bridget Perry at (252) 738-3220 or [email protected]. Parents from among the general public can enroll their children there, as can parents who are VGCC students or employees.
More photos: Check out this album on Flickr!
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019