-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Six graduates of the Vance-Granville Community College Child Care Center on the college’s Main Campus were honored in a ceremony on June 1.
Preparing to enter kindergarten this fall, the Class of 2018 includes Luke Siler Capps of Oxford; Reed Harding Copeland of Bullock; Victon Steven-Cejorus Doyle of Wake Forest; Eli Michael Duke of Oxford; Cole Thomas Faulkner Jr. of Henderson; and Dixee Caroline Seaman of Warrenton.
“It has been such a privilege and a pleasure to be a part of the growth of your child,” said Bridget Perry, manager of the child care center, to the family members gathered to celebrate the graduates.
Following an annual tradition for the center, Perry reported on what the graduates told their teachers they want to be when they grow up — from police officers and doctors to soldiers, firefighers and teachers.
During the program, the children, known as the “Fabulous Fours” for their ages, recited the Pledge of Allegiance and sang three songs — “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee,” “It’s A Beautiful Day” and “Thank-You Song.”
The invocation was given by Seaman, and Copeland provided the welcome.
The “Graduation Poem” was read by Seaman, followed by the poem “I’m Graduating,” recited by Doyle. Duke read the poem “Graduation Poem” and Capps presented the poem “Great Expectations.” All of the “Fabulous Fours” joined together for the poem “I’m a Graduate,” and Faulkner read the poem “Kindergarten Here We Come.”
Parents are encouraged to inquire about openings at the center by contacting Bridget Perry at (252) 738-3220 or [email protected]. Parents from among the general public can enroll their children there, as can parents who are VGCC students or employees.
More photos: Check out this album on Flickr!
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Trustee L. Opie Frazier Jr. Awarded Order of the Long Leaf Pine - July 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Residents Encouraged to Register for ‘Code Red’ Notification Service - July 17, 2018
- Voting Informational to be Held at Perry Memorial Library, Sat., July 21 - July 17, 2018
- Lunch Break to Educate: Canva for Your Small Business - July 17, 2018
- Oxford’s Public Works Committee to Meet Thurs., July 19 - July 17, 2018
- Theft From Construction Site of Henderson Collegiate School - July 16, 2018
- Simmons to Hold ‘Coffee With A Candidate’ Meet and Greet - July 16, 2018
- Families Living Violence Free to Hold Quarter Auction at Vino Oasi - July 16, 2018
- U.S. Forfeits $700K+ in Proceeds Seized from Convenience Store Operators - July 16, 2018
- Granville Co. Crime Stoppers: Larceny in New Applewood Subdivision - July 16, 2018