-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Dr. Jennifer Carraway has been selected as the new principal at Clarke Elementary School.
She will begin her new duties with Vance County Schools on July 16.
She joins the district after serving most recently as the principal of Hawley Middle School with Granville County Schools.
“We are extremely excited to have Dr. Carraway join our team,” said Superintendent Anthony Jackson. “Dr. Carraway has a proven track record as an outstanding instructional leader. We look forward to her bringing excellent leadership focused on continuing to achieve positive academic outcomes at Clarke Elementary School.”
Carraway is a Vance County native and a graduate of Southern Vance High School. She received her undergraduate degree in education from Barton College in Wilson. After working in education for 10 years, she earned her master’s degree in School Administration from N.C. State University. She continued her education at N.C. State University and earned her doctorate in 2012.
Carraway comes to our district as a veteran educator with 23 years of experience in public education.
During her career she has served as a teacher, an assistant principal, a principal and a director. Her passion is working with staff and parents to provide students with a quality education.
Carraway was introduced to the staff at Clarke Elementary School during a meeting this morning. She is shown in the accompanying photo as she addresses staff members.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019