-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
On May 11, 2018, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Community Action Team assisted by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Branch of the SBI, arrested Mario Jamal Steed of 129 N. Elizabeth Street Henderson, NC and Victor Joseph Gill of 280 George Floyd Road Henderson, NC on various drug trafficking charges. These charges stemmed from a vehicle stop in the Epsom Community in Franklin County.
This investigation began as a result of Franklin County detectives receiving information that Mario Steed was involved in the illegal distribution of controlled substances in the Epsom Community. Franklin County detectives and agents with North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement began an investigation which led to a vehicle stop on Fletcher Fuller Road in Franklin County. The stop of the vehicle led to the seizure of 250 bundles of Heroin, Marijuana, a .40 caliber handgun, US Currency and a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.
Mario Jamal Steed was charged with: Trafficking of Heroin by Possession (2 counts), Conspiracy to Traffic Heroin, Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Heroin (2 counts), Sell Heroin (2 counts), Deliver Heroin (2 counts) and Maintain a Vehicle for the Purpose of Selling/Storing a Controlled Substance (2 counts).
Victor Joseph Gill was charged with Trafficking Heroin (2 Counts) and Conspiracy to Traffic Heroin.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “Our communities are benefiting from the consistent efforts of our high impact enforcement of drug violations throughout the county. Our partnerships with outside agencies and our focus on investigations that make a difference will continue.”
Mario Jamal Steed is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $750,000 secured bond.
Victor Joseph Gill is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
For more information pertaining to this investigation please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
-Terry M. Wright, Chief of Staff
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018