-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
On May 11, 2018, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Community Action Team assisted by the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Branch of the SBI, arrested Mario Jamal Steed of 129 N. Elizabeth Street Henderson, NC and Victor Joseph Gill of 280 George Floyd Road Henderson, NC on various drug trafficking charges. These charges stemmed from a vehicle stop in the Epsom Community in Franklin County.
This investigation began as a result of Franklin County detectives receiving information that Mario Steed was involved in the illegal distribution of controlled substances in the Epsom Community. Franklin County detectives and agents with North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement began an investigation which led to a vehicle stop on Fletcher Fuller Road in Franklin County. The stop of the vehicle led to the seizure of 250 bundles of Heroin, Marijuana, a .40 caliber handgun, US Currency and a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.
Mario Jamal Steed was charged with: Trafficking of Heroin by Possession (2 counts), Conspiracy to Traffic Heroin, Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Heroin (2 counts), Sell Heroin (2 counts), Deliver Heroin (2 counts) and Maintain a Vehicle for the Purpose of Selling/Storing a Controlled Substance (2 counts).
Victor Joseph Gill was charged with Trafficking Heroin (2 Counts) and Conspiracy to Traffic Heroin.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “Our communities are benefiting from the consistent efforts of our high impact enforcement of drug violations throughout the county. Our partnerships with outside agencies and our focus on investigations that make a difference will continue.”
Mario Jamal Steed is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $750,000 secured bond.
Victor Joseph Gill is currently in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $300,000 secured bond.
For more information pertaining to this investigation please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
-Terry M. Wright, Chief of Staff
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018