-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County Board of Education approved designating Wednesday, May 16, as an optional teacher workday with no school for students in all Vance County Schools.
The change for the day is because a large number of teachers from our school district are expected to attend a public education advocacy rally on May 16 in Raleigh.
We want parents to know that meals will be available to students at the following schools: Pinkston Street Elementary, L.B. Yancey Elementary, Henderson Middle, Eaton-Johnson Middle and E.M. Rollins Elementary on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parents must provide transportation for students to the schools. The meals must be consumed on school grounds.
We want to thank our cafeteria staff and School Nutrition Services staff for putting in the extra work to take care of the nutritional needs of our students, even when school is not in session.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018