-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County Board of Education approved designating Wednesday, May 16, as an optional teacher workday with no school for students in all Vance County Schools.
The change for the day is because a large number of teachers from our school district are expected to attend a public education advocacy rally on May 16 in Raleigh.
We want parents to know that meals will be available to students at the following schools: Pinkston Street Elementary, L.B. Yancey Elementary, Henderson Middle, Eaton-Johnson Middle and E.M. Rollins Elementary on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parents must provide transportation for students to the schools. The meals must be consumed on school grounds.
We want to thank our cafeteria staff and School Nutrition Services staff for putting in the extra work to take care of the nutritional needs of our students, even when school is not in session.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018
- Vance Co. High School Invites Community to Open House – Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Education’s Aug. Meeting to Focus on Declining Enrollment - August 17, 2018
- Lots of Good ‘Grub’ at the Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market This Weekend - August 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering Fast-Track Swim Lessons for Ages 3 – Adult - August 17, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Meeting for Mon., Aug. 20 – CANCELED - August 17, 2018
- Louws Charged With First & Second Degree Exploitation of a Minor - August 17, 2018
- Wilson Re-Elected President of Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - August 16, 2018
- Free Lunch & Hands-On Learning at Carlee Farm Lunch & Learn Event - August 16, 2018