-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County Board of Education approved designating Wednesday, May 16, as an optional teacher workday with no school for students in all Vance County Schools.
The change for the day is because a large number of teachers from our school district are expected to attend a public education advocacy rally on May 16 in Raleigh.
We want parents to know that meals will be available to students at the following schools: Pinkston Street Elementary, L.B. Yancey Elementary, Henderson Middle, Eaton-Johnson Middle and E.M. Rollins Elementary on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parents must provide transportation for students to the schools. The meals must be consumed on school grounds.
We want to thank our cafeteria staff and School Nutrition Services staff for putting in the extra work to take care of the nutritional needs of our students, even when school is not in session.
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018