-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County Board of Education approved designating Wednesday, May 16, as an optional teacher workday with no school for students in all Vance County Schools.
The change for the day is because a large number of teachers from our school district are expected to attend a public education advocacy rally on May 16 in Raleigh.
We want parents to know that meals will be available to students at the following schools: Pinkston Street Elementary, L.B. Yancey Elementary, Henderson Middle, Eaton-Johnson Middle and E.M. Rollins Elementary on Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parents must provide transportation for students to the schools. The meals must be consumed on school grounds.
We want to thank our cafeteria staff and School Nutrition Services staff for putting in the extra work to take care of the nutritional needs of our students, even when school is not in session.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019