100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Sheriff Curtis Brame
The Vance County Sheriff’s Office has received credible reports that someone hanging around Walmart in Louisburg is attempting to sell gift cards to shoppers by stating that they are associated with Sheriff Curtis Brame and the VCSO.
In a phone call to WIZS, Sheriff Brame stated that this is a scam and neither he or the VCSO are associated with the sell of any gift cards.
During the holiday season, scams are rampant and the public is urged to use caution when purchasing gift cards from anyone other than a reputable merchant.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020