THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
Thursday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk program featured a general discussion of “smart” technology (phones, televisions, baby monitors, etc.) and what is being heard, seen and recorded.
WIZS’ John Charles reminded listeners that anything that responds to a voice command has a microphone that is “listening” to conversations in your home and business.
Likewise, anything with a camera – such as most new smart televisions – has the potential to capture video images.
Smart technology also has the capability to track the user’s location at all times.
Just how much of what is being recorded and how the information is stored and used is unknown. What is clear, for better or worse, is that it is increasingly difficult to maintain a true sense of privacy in a more technological-savvy world.
To hear today’s segment in its entirety, go to WIZS.com and click on Town Talk.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 01/23/20: NC Treasurer Folwell Assures State Pension is Secure - January 23, 2020
- Paramedicine, Paid Volunteer Fire Positions Among Retreat Discussions - January 23, 2020
- ‘Rise Against Hunger’ Exceeds Meal Packing Goal - January 22, 2020
- Town Talk 01/22/20: Caregiver’s Cup at Sadie’s & Local Senior Games - January 22, 2020
- Volunteers Gather on ‘Coldest Morning of 2020’ for Smoke Detector Campaign - January 20, 2020
- Town Talk 01/20/20: Democratic Chair Discusses Meeting, Low Voter Turnout - January 20, 2020
- Town Talk 01/16/20: Changes to Annual Chamber Banquet = Less Time, More Fun - January 16, 2020
- Town Talk 01/15/20: ‘Sound the Alarm’ Fire Campaign Coming to Vance Co. - January 15, 2020
- Town Talk 01/14/20: City’s Fire Study Finds ‘More Personnel Needed Now’ - January 14, 2020
- Town Talk 01/13/20: Ed Wilson Talks Vance Co. Board of Education, School Safety - January 13, 2020