100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools is continuing to work for our students and community to ensure we are meeting their needs. Today we had 2,039 Remote Learning packets picked up throughout our district! Over the course of the last two days, we have handed out 14,796 meals, which is the equivalent of 4 days of food for each child who picked up meals!
As we move forward, we want to send a few reminders:
Meal distribution will continue again next week. We will get that information out through Blackboard calls and social media.
Remote Learning packets may be picked up on Thursday, March 19 from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.- 7 p.m. If you already picked up your child’s packet, you do not need to come again. Remote Learning packets are available for all elementary schools (PreK-5th), VCMS (6th-8th) and VCHS (AFM, English 4, Biology).
Questions or concerns? Whether it is about meals, learning packets, or anything else, please contact your child’s school.
5th Grade Laptop Deployment Information by School
Laptop deployment will be at each individual school. Fifth-grade parents should report to their child’s school at the designated time.
Thursday, March 19, 2020, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Pinkston Street Elementary
New Hope Elementary
EO Young Elementary
Thursday, March 19, 2020, 1 – 4 p.m.
EM Rollins Elementary
Friday, March 20, 2020, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Zeb Vance Elementary
A technician will be onsite (at each school) with the necessary paperwork for completion by parents/students.
To stay up to date with the latest information, go to www.vcs.k12.nc.us.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020