100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy Granville County Public Schools
Today, Granville County Public Schools offered our expanded drive-thru meal services to 29 sites across the county and we are proud to say we provided almost 1,900 meals to our children! If you were not able to participate today, please see the flyer below for a complete list of site locations.
These meals are free for all children aged 2-18. No documentation is needed and children do not need to be present to collect the meals. Again, no questions asked, we just want to make sure no child goes hungry during this crisis.
Next, we want to let the community know that we have opened our WiFi services to all guest users. These free WiFi services may be accessed in any school public parking lot area. At this time, we are not opening our school buildings, but internet service can be accessed from the parking lot areas. Please observe “social distancing” when on school property. We hope this free internet service will help students who need to access the supplemental academic materials that our hard-working teachers are developing each day.
We will continue to keep everyone informed of our efforts to help our families. Don’t forget to wash those hands! Thank you!!
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020