100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County State of Our Schools will take place on Thursday, October 10, 2019. The first event will take place at Henderson Country Club by invitation, designed for elected officials and business partners.
The evening event will take place at 6:30 p.m. at Vance County Middle School and is open to everyone in our community.
The State of Our Schools is an opportunity for stakeholders in our community to hear directly from Dr. Jackson regarding the successes and accomplishments within our district.
Additionally, the Vance County Board of Education Chairwoman, Dorothy Gooche, Vance County Principal of the Year, Rey Horner and the Vance County Teacher of the Year, Mary Landis, will be speaking briefly.
There will also be a performance by the Vance County High School chorus at the mid-day State of the Schools address.
This event will provide information about how Vance County Schools continues to make progress, achieve growth and make a difference in the lives of our students, community and beyond. Our schools are linking learning to life and when those connections and relationships are made, success becomes apparent in our students, schools and community.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019