100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
The Vance County State of Our Schools will take place on Thursday, October 10, 2019. The first event will take place at Henderson Country Club by invitation, designed for elected officials and business partners.
The evening event will take place at 6:30 p.m. at Vance County Middle School and is open to everyone in our community.
The State of Our Schools is an opportunity for stakeholders in our community to hear directly from Dr. Jackson regarding the successes and accomplishments within our district.
Additionally, the Vance County Board of Education Chairwoman, Dorothy Gooche, Vance County Principal of the Year, Rey Horner and the Vance County Teacher of the Year, Mary Landis, will be speaking briefly.
There will also be a performance by the Vance County High School chorus at the mid-day State of the Schools address.
This event will provide information about how Vance County Schools continues to make progress, achieve growth and make a difference in the lives of our students, community and beyond. Our schools are linking learning to life and when those connections and relationships are made, success becomes apparent in our students, schools and community.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Partners with Perry Memorial Library - January 28, 2020
- Next No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Feb. 13 - January 28, 2020
- Granville Commissioners’ Retreat Scheduled for Jan. 30-31 - January 28, 2020
- Yancey Shares Family’s Cancer Journey With New Book - January 28, 2020
- Filming Opportunity Available for Warren County’s Small Businesses - January 28, 2020
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020