-Press Release, Vance County Schools
A total of 15 students at Vance County High School were inducted into the school’s chapter of the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) during a special ceremony held at the school on April 4.
Each of the students was presented a framed certificate for their academic accomplishments in Career and Technical Education courses at the high school. Presenting the certificates were Principal Rey Horner, Career and Technical Education Director Willa Clark and Career and Technical Education Career Development Coordinator LaShawn Hawley. Amy Langston-Eley, Career and Technical Education instructional specialist, and Pamela Huff, a Career and Technical Education teacher and advisor to the NTHS chapter, assisted.
Those students inducted as new members include America Alfaro, Tamia Alston, Zy’Shawn Appling, Amari Bennerson, Sha’Mya Bullock, Kristophe Burwell, Tammy Dang, Anasia Jones, Stephanie Salazar-Villa, Noah Terry, Tyere Wiggins, Destiny Weaver, Sydiahiah Williams, Bryton Yarborough and Phajja Yarborough.
Turner Pride, Jr., the director of the Vance County Cooperative Extension Service, was the featured speaker for the evening. He praised the new NTHS inductees for their accomplishments and hard work. He also gave them some advice on how to continue to be successful through the remainder of their high school careers and beyond.
Horner also addressed the students and let them know how proud he is of each one of them. He asked them to continue to be leaders among their fellow classmates and let them know that he is counting on them to help lead success at Vance County High School.
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019