-Press Release, Vance County Schools
A total of 15 students at Vance County High School were inducted into the school’s chapter of the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) during a special ceremony held at the school on April 4.
Each of the students was presented a framed certificate for their academic accomplishments in Career and Technical Education courses at the high school. Presenting the certificates were Principal Rey Horner, Career and Technical Education Director Willa Clark and Career and Technical Education Career Development Coordinator LaShawn Hawley. Amy Langston-Eley, Career and Technical Education instructional specialist, and Pamela Huff, a Career and Technical Education teacher and advisor to the NTHS chapter, assisted.
Those students inducted as new members include America Alfaro, Tamia Alston, Zy’Shawn Appling, Amari Bennerson, Sha’Mya Bullock, Kristophe Burwell, Tammy Dang, Anasia Jones, Stephanie Salazar-Villa, Noah Terry, Tyere Wiggins, Destiny Weaver, Sydiahiah Williams, Bryton Yarborough and Phajja Yarborough.
Turner Pride, Jr., the director of the Vance County Cooperative Extension Service, was the featured speaker for the evening. He praised the new NTHS inductees for their accomplishments and hard work. He also gave them some advice on how to continue to be successful through the remainder of their high school careers and beyond.
Horner also addressed the students and let them know how proud he is of each one of them. He asked them to continue to be leaders among their fellow classmates and let them know that he is counting on them to help lead success at Vance County High School.
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019