-Press Release, Henderson Police Department
On May 12, 2018, around 10:38 p.m., there was an argument in the 200 Block of Gary Street, Henderson that resulted in gunfire. Officers with the Henderson Police Department responded to the area and found Jaylin Jones, 25, of Macon, NC suffering from a gunshot wound. Jaylin Jones succumbed to his injuries.
During the course of the investigation, a suspect was developed and the following individuals were arrested and charged with the murder of Jaylin Jones:
Scottie Lee Bates II, 21, of Stagecoach Road, Henderson
Scottie Lee Bates, 59, of Sims Ave, Henderson
Both individuals received no bond pending a court hearing on May 14, 2018.
The Henderson Police Department is appreciative of individuals in the community that provided information that led to the arrest of the alleged offenders in this case.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018
- Vance Co. High School Invites Community to Open House – Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Education’s Aug. Meeting to Focus on Declining Enrollment - August 17, 2018
- Lots of Good ‘Grub’ at the Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market This Weekend - August 17, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering Fast-Track Swim Lessons for Ages 3 – Adult - August 17, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Meeting for Mon., Aug. 20 – CANCELED - August 17, 2018
- Louws Charged With First & Second Degree Exploitation of a Minor - August 17, 2018
- Wilson Re-Elected President of Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - August 16, 2018
- Free Lunch & Hands-On Learning at Carlee Farm Lunch & Learn Event - August 16, 2018