-Press Release, Henderson Police Department
On May 12, 2018, around 10:38 p.m., there was an argument in the 200 Block of Gary Street, Henderson that resulted in gunfire. Officers with the Henderson Police Department responded to the area and found Jaylin Jones, 25, of Macon, NC suffering from a gunshot wound. Jaylin Jones succumbed to his injuries.
During the course of the investigation, a suspect was developed and the following individuals were arrested and charged with the murder of Jaylin Jones:
Scottie Lee Bates II, 21, of Stagecoach Road, Henderson
Scottie Lee Bates, 59, of Sims Ave, Henderson
Both individuals received no bond pending a court hearing on May 14, 2018.
The Henderson Police Department is appreciative of individuals in the community that provided information that led to the arrest of the alleged offenders in this case.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools: ‘We Promise to Do What is Necessary’ to Provide Lunch/Breakfast - January 18, 2019
- Young St. in Henderson to Become One-Way; Court St. Traffic Flow to Reverse - January 18, 2019
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Pre-Kindergarten Site Selection Process Now Open - January 18, 2019
- Local Youth Encouraged to Register for 5th Annual African-American Quiz Bowl - January 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Board to Hear Presentations, Make Appointments at Jan 22 Meeting - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Addresses Meal Changes During Govt. Shutdown - January 17, 2019
- Granville Co. Teacher of the Year Named WRAL’s Teacher of the Week - January 17, 2019
- Registration for H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Baseball & Softball Begins Feb. 2 - January 17, 2019
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019