-Press Release, Henderson Police Department
On May 12, 2018, around 10:38 p.m., there was an argument in the 200 Block of Gary Street, Henderson that resulted in gunfire. Officers with the Henderson Police Department responded to the area and found Jaylin Jones, 25, of Macon, NC suffering from a gunshot wound. Jaylin Jones succumbed to his injuries.
During the course of the investigation, a suspect was developed and the following individuals were arrested and charged with the murder of Jaylin Jones:
Scottie Lee Bates II, 21, of Stagecoach Road, Henderson
Scottie Lee Bates, 59, of Sims Ave, Henderson
Both individuals received no bond pending a court hearing on May 14, 2018.
The Henderson Police Department is appreciative of individuals in the community that provided information that led to the arrest of the alleged offenders in this case.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018