-Press Release, Henderson Police Department
On May 12, 2018, around 10:38 p.m., there was an argument in the 200 Block of Gary Street, Henderson that resulted in gunfire. Officers with the Henderson Police Department responded to the area and found Jaylin Jones, 25, of Macon, NC suffering from a gunshot wound. Jaylin Jones succumbed to his injuries.
During the course of the investigation, a suspect was developed and the following individuals were arrested and charged with the murder of Jaylin Jones:
Scottie Lee Bates II, 21, of Stagecoach Road, Henderson
Scottie Lee Bates, 59, of Sims Ave, Henderson
Both individuals received no bond pending a court hearing on May 14, 2018.
The Henderson Police Department is appreciative of individuals in the community that provided information that led to the arrest of the alleged offenders in this case.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018