Henderson resident Robert E. Chism, 42, drowned at Kerr Lake, near Satterwhite Point, on Sunday evening. According to Doyle Carpunky, chief of the Vance County Rescue Squad, the dispatch for a possible drowning victim came in at 5:33 p.m. At approximately 10 p.m., Chism’s body was recovered from the water.
According to authorities, Chism is believed to have been with his family at the lake for a day of recreation when the drowning occurred. His family was later notified that his body had been recovered. It is still unclear what caused the drowning.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018