Henderson resident Robert E. Chism, 42, drowned at Kerr Lake, near Satterwhite Point, on Sunday evening. According to Doyle Carpunky, chief of the Vance County Rescue Squad, the dispatch for a possible drowning victim came in at 5:33 p.m. At approximately 10 p.m., Chism’s body was recovered from the water.
According to authorities, Chism is believed to have been with his family at the lake for a day of recreation when the drowning occurred. His family was later notified that his body had been recovered. It is still unclear what caused the drowning.
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018