The 55th Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry will be held Wednesday, May 16 in the Vance Square Shopping Center on Raleigh Road in Henderson, across from Supply Line Country Market and M.R. Williams, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Plates are $8 a piece and all proceeds go to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. The event is all-you-can-eat, eat-in or take-out. Delivery is also available for orders of 10 or more.
The group expects to serve a total of 2,500 plates overall, with 800 – 1,000 of those plates delivered by Shriners or volunteers to local businesses.
Volunteers are welcomed and may show up the day of the event to help.
Shriners Ray Fields and Donald Seifert were on “Town Talk” on Monday to provide details about the event. Fields said, “The fish fry would not be possible or successful without the support of the businesses and people of Vance County.”
The pair reminded the public that this is just as much a positive social event as it is an eating occasion.
Fields informed WIZS listeners that the Shriners currently support 22 hospitals and three burn centers. The money raised from Wednesday’s event will go toward further supporting those efforts.
WIZS will be broadcasting live on location.
Connect With The Author
- Cardinal Innovations Collecting School Supplies for Students Affected by Florence - October 11, 2018
- Good Food, Music Highlights of ‘Chefs on the Farm’ Fundraiser - October 9, 2018
- New Parade Time, Route for Masonic Home’s 8th Annual Homecoming Festival - October 9, 2018
- Riggan Encouraged by ‘Good, Positive Movement’ in Downtown Henderson - October 8, 2018
- County Manager McMillen Says Vance is Full of ‘Positive Momentum’ - September 27, 2018
- FGV Smart Start Announces Winners of Ducky Derby Drawing - September 25, 2018
- Henderson-Vance Crime Stoppers Recognizes Local ‘Heroes’ at Annual Banquet - September 21, 2018
- Community Gets First Look at City’s New Fire Engine - September 21, 2018
- 17th Annual ‘Show, Shine, Shag & Dine’ Only One Month Away! - September 20, 2018
- Henderson Fire Station Open House, ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Day Among Fall Activities - September 18, 2018