The 55th Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry will be held Wednesday, May 16 in the Vance Square Shopping Center on Raleigh Road in Henderson, across from Supply Line Country Market and M.R. Williams, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Plates are $8 a piece and all proceeds go to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. The event is all-you-can-eat, eat-in or take-out. Delivery is also available for orders of 10 or more.
The group expects to serve a total of 2,500 plates overall, with 800 – 1,000 of those plates delivered by Shriners or volunteers to local businesses.
Volunteers are welcomed and may show up the day of the event to help.
Shriners Ray Fields and Donald Seifert were on “Town Talk” on Monday to provide details about the event. Fields said, “The fish fry would not be possible or successful without the support of the businesses and people of Vance County.”
The pair reminded the public that this is just as much a positive social event as it is an eating occasion.
Fields informed WIZS listeners that the Shriners currently support 22 hospitals and three burn centers. The money raised from Wednesday’s event will go toward further supporting those efforts.
WIZS will be broadcasting live on location.
Connect With The Author
- 2018 Vance Co. Relay for Life Only One Month Away! - May 22, 2018
- Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry A Huge Success! - May 17, 2018
- Former Educator Elissa Yount Shares Thoughts on Teachers’ Rally - May 16, 2018
- 55th Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry, Wed., May 16 - May 14, 2018
- Pavilion, Water and Redevelopment on City’s Plate - May 10, 2018
- Kerr Lake Country Club Set to “Crush Cancer” - May 8, 2018
- Faith (Local Church Events) - May 6, 2018
- Overgrowth on Hwy 39 Hot Topic at Committee Meeting - May 4, 2018
- J.M White Funeral Home Receives Chamber’s Small Business Award - May 4, 2018
- WIZS Celebrates 63 Years On the Air! - May 1, 2018