The 55th Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry will be held Wednesday, May 16 in the Vance Square Shopping Center on Raleigh Road in Henderson, across from Supply Line Country Market and M.R. Williams, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Plates are $8 a piece and all proceeds go to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. The event is all-you-can-eat, eat-in or take-out. Delivery is also available for orders of 10 or more.
The group expects to serve a total of 2,500 plates overall, with 800 – 1,000 of those plates delivered by Shriners or volunteers to local businesses.
Volunteers are welcomed and may show up the day of the event to help.
Shriners Ray Fields and Donald Seifert were on “Town Talk” on Monday to provide details about the event. Fields said, “The fish fry would not be possible or successful without the support of the businesses and people of Vance County.”
The pair reminded the public that this is just as much a positive social event as it is an eating occasion.
Fields informed WIZS listeners that the Shriners currently support 22 hospitals and three burn centers. The money raised from Wednesday’s event will go toward further supporting those efforts.
WIZS will be broadcasting live on location.
Connect With The Author
- Mayor Ellington Declares August 18 ‘Remember Henderson High School Day’ - August 17, 2018
- Vance Co. High School & Middle School Principals Reflect on Upcoming School Year - August 16, 2018
- Vance Co. Animal Shelter to Participate in ‘Clear the Shelters’ Free Adoption Event - August 15, 2018
- Vance Co. Commissioner Brummitt Says Fire Plan to Create, Not Cut, Paid Positions - August 14, 2018
- Dr. Jackson, Vance Co. Schools Superintendent, Discusses System’s Progress - August 9, 2018
- Friendly Folks and Free Hot Dogs Await at 2018 ‘Night Out Against Crime’ - August 3, 2018
- New Vance Co. Tourism Director Focused on Annual Show, Shine, Shag & Dine - July 31, 2018
- Free Community Fun at 35th Annual Henderson-Vance Night Out Against Crime - July 27, 2018
- Individual & Community Health Topics of GVPH Door-to-Door Health Survey - July 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Cooperative Extension Offers Exciting Programs for Youth & Adults - July 19, 2018