The 55th Annual Henderson Shrine Club Fish Fry will be held Wednesday, May 16 in the Vance Square Shopping Center on Raleigh Road in Henderson, across from Supply Line Country Market and M.R. Williams, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Plates are $8 a piece and all proceeds go to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. The event is all-you-can-eat, eat-in or take-out. Delivery is also available for orders of 10 or more.
The group expects to serve a total of 2,500 plates overall, with 800 – 1,000 of those plates delivered by Shriners or volunteers to local businesses.
Volunteers are welcomed and may show up the day of the event to help.
Shriners Ray Fields and Donald Seifert were on “Town Talk” on Monday to provide details about the event. Fields said, “The fish fry would not be possible or successful without the support of the businesses and people of Vance County.”
The pair reminded the public that this is just as much a positive social event as it is an eating occasion.
Fields informed WIZS listeners that the Shriners currently support 22 hospitals and three burn centers. The money raised from Wednesday’s event will go toward further supporting those efforts.
WIZS will be broadcasting live on location.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Worship Without Walls’ to Bring Community Together to Celebrate MLK, Jr. - January 16, 2019
- Downtown Henderson Fire Station Featured on WRAL’s Tar Heel Traveler - January 11, 2019
- Girl Scout’s Annual Cookie Sale to Begin This Weekend - January 10, 2019
- District Attorney Mike Waters Discusses 9th Judicial District, Felony Cases - January 9, 2019
- Henderson-Vance EDC Makes New Website Public - January 9, 2019
- Vance County Fire Dept. to Operate As Is Pending Further Board Discussion - January 8, 2019
- Brummitt and Carpunky Tackle Fire Redistricting Questions - January 7, 2019
- Sossamon Funeral Home Will Honor Prearrangements, Add Modern Twist to Services - January 3, 2019
- Woodhouse, Economic Development Director, Talks Growth in Warren Co. - December 20, 2018
- Jarvis Discusses Mako’s First Year in Vance Co.; Provides Updates on EDC Initiatives - December 17, 2018