-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Early College High School awarded high school diplomas to 33 graduating seniors in the Class of 2019 during Commencement Exercises held on the evening of May 23, 2019, in the Civic Center at Vance-Granville Community College near Henderson.
There were 27 of the high school graduates who also earned an associates degree from Vance-Granville Community College and eight who earned two associate degrees from the community college.
The graduates include: Marcus Baggett, Amber Cotton, Emily Dement, Matthew Denton, Damien Faulkner, Khalil Gay, Jessica Grissom, Zuisadai Guzman Vasquez, Kaitlyn Harris, Maya Hawkins, Anthony Henderson, Henry Huynh, Tim Jiang, Alondra Lopez Moreno, Tabais Mitchell, Ariel Noel, Ashley Pendergrass, Joseph Penny, Joel Renteria, Jr., Nashanti Richardson, Ethan Roberson, Jarrett Seaman, Amaya Sneed, Joniyah Teasley, Charles Thompson, III, Gracey Vaught, Alexis Watson, Kamiyah Wiggins, Corey Williams, Jr., Jamad Williams, Kianna Wills, Jadakiss Wilson and Al-Leain Young.
Those receiving both associate of arts and associate of science degrees were Matthew Denton, Jessica Grissom, Kaitlyn Harris, Henry Huynh, Tim Jiang, Joel Renteria, Jr., Ethan Roberson and Kianna Wills.
Ethan Roberson was the class valedictorian and Tim Jiang was the class salutatorian. They both delivered addresses that recognized the accomplishments of their distinguished class and included excitement about their futures.
Principal Travis Taylor led the commencement exercises. The Air Force Junior ROTC Color Guard from Vance County High School presented the flags at the beginning of the ceremony. Senior Kamiyah Wiggins sang “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
Serving as graduation marshals were Josiah Jones and Haley Williams, as lead marshals, as well as Aryianna Dockery, Emani Foster, Cheyenne Guerrant, Kristyn Medlin, Josie Roberson, Kendall Royster, Jessica Steed and Leslie Zuniga Trejo.
Connect With The Author
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019
- Carey Chapel Community Watch to Meet Nov. 25 - November 11, 2019
- Salvation Army to Hold Open House Event for New Facility This Weekend - November 8, 2019
- Shop Small, Shop Local on Small Business Saturday – Nov. 30 - November 8, 2019
- Oxford’s Christmas Parade, Lighting of the Greens Set for Dec. 6 - November 8, 2019
- VGCC Brings Partners Together for Summit on Talent Pipeline - November 8, 2019