-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Early College High School awarded high school diplomas to 33 graduating seniors in the Class of 2019 during Commencement Exercises held on the evening of May 23, 2019, in the Civic Center at Vance-Granville Community College near Henderson.
There were 27 of the high school graduates who also earned an associates degree from Vance-Granville Community College and eight who earned two associate degrees from the community college.
The graduates include: Marcus Baggett, Amber Cotton, Emily Dement, Matthew Denton, Damien Faulkner, Khalil Gay, Jessica Grissom, Zuisadai Guzman Vasquez, Kaitlyn Harris, Maya Hawkins, Anthony Henderson, Henry Huynh, Tim Jiang, Alondra Lopez Moreno, Tabais Mitchell, Ariel Noel, Ashley Pendergrass, Joseph Penny, Joel Renteria, Jr., Nashanti Richardson, Ethan Roberson, Jarrett Seaman, Amaya Sneed, Joniyah Teasley, Charles Thompson, III, Gracey Vaught, Alexis Watson, Kamiyah Wiggins, Corey Williams, Jr., Jamad Williams, Kianna Wills, Jadakiss Wilson and Al-Leain Young.
Those receiving both associate of arts and associate of science degrees were Matthew Denton, Jessica Grissom, Kaitlyn Harris, Henry Huynh, Tim Jiang, Joel Renteria, Jr., Ethan Roberson and Kianna Wills.
Ethan Roberson was the class valedictorian and Tim Jiang was the class salutatorian. They both delivered addresses that recognized the accomplishments of their distinguished class and included excitement about their futures.
Principal Travis Taylor led the commencement exercises. The Air Force Junior ROTC Color Guard from Vance County High School presented the flags at the beginning of the ceremony. Senior Kamiyah Wiggins sang “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
Serving as graduation marshals were Josiah Jones and Haley Williams, as lead marshals, as well as Aryianna Dockery, Emani Foster, Cheyenne Guerrant, Kristyn Medlin, Josie Roberson, Kendall Royster, Jessica Steed and Leslie Zuniga Trejo.
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019