100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Dr. Alice Sallins, chairperson of the Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission’s Promotions Committee was on Tuesday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk to discuss the annual Harvest Gala event.
This year’s “fine dining in the street” experience is scheduled for downtown Henderson Saturday, September 21 on West Young Street. Participants will enjoy an eloquent, four-course meal courtesy of Chef Llew Sutton, owner of Uncle Llew’s Restaurant & Pub in downtown.
The Meet and Greet session begins at 6 p.m., with starters to follow at 6:30 p.m.
If weather is not cooperative, the event will be held inside at 130 West Montgomery Street.
Tickets are still available for $75 and may be purchased online by visiting Downtown Henderson’s website (click here), or by calling Sallins at (252) 767-4579.
Menu items for the evening include:
Salmon Cake Resting on House-Made Cocktail Sauce with Citrus Soli and Cilantro Atop
Chef Llew’s California Salad
Mixed Greens, Red Onions, Cherry Tomatoes, Peppered Bacon, Dried Cranberries, Blue Cheese Crumbles, with House- Made Balsamic Reduction Drizzle
Thyme Seared Pork Tenderloin Medallions complimented with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes along with Fresh Lemon Peppered Asparagus
Creme Brulee in Mini Mason Jars
The gala is the only fundraising event for the Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission, a non-profit organization focused on revitalizing Henderson’s historic downtown business district. According to Sallins, donations will be used for events and beautification projects in Henderson’s central business district in an effort to preserve historic integrity.
“The money raised at the Harvest Gala allows us to promote new downtown businesses by offering incentives and facade improvement grants,” explained Sallins. “We were recently able to offer a grant to the American Legion and Sadies Coffee Corner as well as organize a beautification project in the parking area of the former Gupton’s Sporting Goods thanks to those who support the gala.”
To hear Sallin’s interview in its entirety, including information on Downtown Trick-or-Treating and the 2019 Christmas Parade, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 11/12/19: Sadie’s Coffee Corner Open for Business in Downtown Henderson! - November 12, 2019
- Salvation Army’s Lt. Smith Talks ‘Phenomenal’ Grand Opening of New Building - November 12, 2019
- Town Talk 11/11/19: Upcoming Veterans Dog Walk ‘Therapeutic’ for Dogs, Participants - November 11, 2019
- Town Talk 11/07/19: Demolition Begins on Maria Parham’s New $3.2 Million Cath Lab - November 7, 2019
- Town Talk 11/06/19: Grace Ministries Seeks to Feed 6,000 for Thanksgiving - November 6, 2019
- Town Talk 11/05/19: Downtown Henderson Continues on Path to Main Street Status - November 5, 2019
- Town Talk 11/04/19: VGCC President Talks Reorganization, Power of Partnerships - November 4, 2019
- Town Talk 10/30/19: Tourism Director Talks Halloween Fun in Granville - October 30, 2019
- Town Talk 10/29/19: Infinite Possibilities Offers Local Help to Domestic Violence Victims - October 29, 2019
- Town Talk 10/28/19: Praise Dancing Part of ‘Preacher Girl’s’ Spiritual Mission - October 28, 2019