100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
The Granville County Human Relations Commission, in partnership with the Sunrise Forum of the Granville County Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters of Granville County, will sponsor a series of Candidate Forums for the upcoming municipal elections.
Beginning Monday, September 23, candidates running for office in the Town of Butner, the City of Oxford, the Town of Stem, the Town of Stovall and the City of Creedmoor have been invited to attend these forums and to answer questions presented by a moderator from each community.
Dates and times for each event are listed below:
- Town of Butner, Monday, Sept. 23 at 6 p.m., Butner Town Hall (Camp Butner Room);
- City of Oxford, Monday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m., Oxford City Hall (Commissioners Meeting Room);
- Town of Stem, Thursday, Oct. 3 at 6:30 p.m., Stem Fire Department;
- Town of Stovall, Thursday, Oct. 10 at 6 p.m., Stovall Library;
- City of Creedmoor, Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 6:30 p.m., Creedmoor City Hall.
All of these forums are open to the public. Election day is scheduled for November 5, 2019.
Connect With The Author
- FREE Fresh Produce Available at Second Thurs. Food Distribution - November 12, 2019
- Census Bureau Begins Job Recruitment Efforts - November 12, 2019
- Warrenton Christmas Parade to Delight Main Street Sat., Dec. 14 - November 12, 2019
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for ‘Cookies & Milk With Santa’ - November 12, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory Lower School Announces First Quarter Honor Roll - November 12, 2019
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019