100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Esther J. McCrackin, City Clerk, City of Henderson, NC
The City of Henderson’s Loose Leaf Collection Season will begin the week of October 14, 2019, and will end January 17, 2020. During this period of time, it is permitted to place rows or piles of loose leaves or pine straw at the roadside for the City’s Public Works Department to collect. Please note that rows or piles of loose leaves or pine straw shall:
- Be placed behind the curb not to interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Not be placed in an open ditch, gutter or street area as this can interfere with the City’s storm drainage system.
- Be free of trash and debris such as glass, cans, rocks, limb cuttings, etc. as this may damage collection equipment.
- Not be placed on top of your water meter.
Loose leaves and pine straw will generally be picked up on a two or three-week rotation; however, this is dependent on weather conditions and leaf accumulation. You may continue to bag leaves or place them in a container during loose leaf season, however, it is not required.
If leaves or pine straw are placed at the curb in loose form before loose leaf season begins or after loose leaf season ends, a $75 charge will be added to your sanitation bill.
If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 252-431-6115 or 252-431-6030.
Connect With The Author
- City Council’s Nov. Meeting to Include Public Hearing on Zoning Amendment - November 15, 2019
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Launches New Governance Structure - November 15, 2019
- Downtown Henderson to Hold Holiday Window Decorating Contest - November 15, 2019
- Living With Joint Pain? Join MPH for a FREE Lunch & Learn Event - November 15, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Meet Mon., Nov 18 - November 15, 2019
- Oxford Prep PTO to Hold 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar Sat., Nov. 16 - November 15, 2019
- NC Farms Open for Winter Events - November 15, 2019
- VGCC Awards Scholarships to 349 Students - November 14, 2019
- U.S. 158 Bridge in Granville County Opens - November 14, 2019
- Don’t Miss VCRFM’s Annual Handcrafted Holiday Market This Saturday! - November 14, 2019