-Information courtesy the Vance County Government’s Facebook Page
The N.C. Department of Transportation’s “Swat-A-Litterbug” program encourages the public to report people who litter in an effort to help make North Carolina roadways cleaner. The program provides every individual an opportunity to be an active participant in reducing litter on NC roadways.
The public can report those who litter to NCDOT’s Litter Management Section by filling out an online form or calling NCDOT’s Customer Service Office at (877) 368-4968.
Upon receipt of the reported information, NCDOT will mail the registered owner of the vehicle that was reported a formal notification, signed by the N.C. State Highway Patrol, that informs them of the littering offense, the penalties of littering and urges them to help keep North Carolina clean.
Information that is needed to report a “litterbug” includes the date, time, plate number, county, city, street and violation description (cup, napkin, cigarette butt, etc.).
Please do your part to help keep NC, and our local communities, litter-free!
Connect With The Author
- Third Arrest Made in Homicide of Adonious Hawkins Jr. - July 22, 2019
- Reminder: Youth to Entertain With ‘Lion King, Jr’ This Weekend - July 22, 2019
- Granville Selects Open Broadband, LLC to Expand Internet Access - July 22, 2019
- US Attorney’s Office Partners With AARP & FBI on Elder Justice Initiative - July 22, 2019
- Vance Public Safety Committee Meeting Rescheduled - July 22, 2019
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019