100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
The Salvation Army will begin to accept applications for holiday bell ringers on Monday, October 14, 2019. Apply at The Salvation Army facility currently located at 355 Alexander Avenue in Henderson.
Additionally, Christmas assistance applications for this year’s “Angel Tree Program” will be accepted October 15 – 17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Salvation Army’s 355 Alexander Avenue location.
- Eligible children must be 12 years of age or younger and reside in the county where applying
- Adult applicants must meet one of the following requirements: be able to show proof of employment or other income, be a full-time student, child or parent must be on disability, be a Senior Citizen age 62 or above.
Applicants must bring the following documents to apply:
- Photo ID for ALL adults in the household
- Birth certificate and/or social security card for ALL household members
- Proof of income – employer pay stubs, verification letter showing disability or social security income, proof of Work First income or proof of unemployment income
- If applicable, proof of being a full-time student
- Proof of ALL expenses and any other income
Applications cannot be accepted without these documents. Please do not bring children during this process.
Distribution will be Wednesday, December 18.
Please note that residents of Warren, Franklin, Granville, Northampton and Halifax counties should apply at their county’s Department of Social Services.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019