100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
The Salvation Army will begin to accept applications for holiday bell ringers on Monday, October 14, 2019. Apply at The Salvation Army facility currently located at 355 Alexander Avenue in Henderson.
Additionally, Christmas assistance applications for this year’s “Angel Tree Program” will be accepted October 15 – 17 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Salvation Army’s 355 Alexander Avenue location.
- Eligible children must be 12 years of age or younger and reside in the county where applying
- Adult applicants must meet one of the following requirements: be able to show proof of employment or other income, be a full-time student, child or parent must be on disability, be a Senior Citizen age 62 or above.
Applicants must bring the following documents to apply:
- Photo ID for ALL adults in the household
- Birth certificate and/or social security card for ALL household members
- Proof of income – employer pay stubs, verification letter showing disability or social security income, proof of Work First income or proof of unemployment income
- If applicable, proof of being a full-time student
- Proof of ALL expenses and any other income
Applications cannot be accepted without these documents. Please do not bring children during this process.
Distribution will be Wednesday, December 18.
Please note that residents of Warren, Franklin, Granville, Northampton and Halifax counties should apply at their county’s Department of Social Services.
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019