100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
At their regularly scheduled meeting on October 7, 2019, the Granville County Board of Education approved Charmain Day-Heggie to be named Principal of Butner Stem Elementary School.
Ms. Day-Heggie will assume her duties at the school on October 21.
Principal Day-Heggie has over twelve years of experience in public education, beginning her work as a Career & Technical Education Teacher in Wake County Schools. She has served in Granville County Public Schools since 2012, working as an Assistant Principal at West Oxford Elementary School, Butner-Stem Elementary School, and most recently at Butner-Stem Middle School.
Day-Heggie is a National Board Certified Teacher and holds an undergraduate degree from Longwood University, an MBA from Strayer University, an MSA from NCSU, and is currently seeking her doctoral degree from Walden University.
Superintendent McLean offered her thoughts, stating, “We are extremely excited about this new role for Ms. Day-Heggie, and look forward to working with her as she leads this school toward higher academic performance. We are confident that her leadership will make a significant difference in making sure BSES is on the move! Go Bulldogs!”
Connect With The Author
- No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Dec. 12 - December 9, 2019
- McGregor Hall to Offer Three Performances of ‘Black Nativity’ - December 9, 2019
- Oxford’s Newly Elected to be Administered Oath of Office – Dec. 10 - December 9, 2019
- Enjoy ‘Pancakes With Santa’ at Crystal River Church of God - December 9, 2019
- Propane Safety Paramount as Cold Weather Approaches - December 9, 2019
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019