100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Public Schools
At their regularly scheduled meeting on October 7, 2019, the Granville County Board of Education approved Charmain Day-Heggie to be named Principal of Butner Stem Elementary School.
Ms. Day-Heggie will assume her duties at the school on October 21.
Principal Day-Heggie has over twelve years of experience in public education, beginning her work as a Career & Technical Education Teacher in Wake County Schools. She has served in Granville County Public Schools since 2012, working as an Assistant Principal at West Oxford Elementary School, Butner-Stem Elementary School, and most recently at Butner-Stem Middle School.
Day-Heggie is a National Board Certified Teacher and holds an undergraduate degree from Longwood University, an MBA from Strayer University, an MSA from NCSU, and is currently seeking her doctoral degree from Walden University.
Superintendent McLean offered her thoughts, stating, “We are extremely excited about this new role for Ms. Day-Heggie, and look forward to working with her as she leads this school toward higher academic performance. We are confident that her leadership will make a significant difference in making sure BSES is on the move! Go Bulldogs!”
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019