-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
Join the Extension Master Gardener volunteers for a drop-in celebration of the official opening and dedication of the Memorial Garden at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market. This event will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The garden is dedicated to the memory of Master Gardener volunteers who are no longer with us. It features drought-tolerant plants that attract pollinators and other beneficial insects and is also a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
The garden will also provide inspiration to area gardeners for new plants to try in their own landscapes. This beautiful space of peace, beauty and reflection was built entirely through contributions and the dedicated effort of the Master Gardener volunteers of Vance and Warren Counties.
Light refreshments will be served and a short program will take place at 10:30 a.m. The Master Gardener volunteers then invite you to stroll around the garden and visit.
The Vance County Regional Farmers Market is located at 210 Southpark Drive in Henderson. For more information, call 252-438-8188 or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019