-Press Release, U.S. Department of Justice
Robert J. Higdon, Jr., United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina comments on the confirmation of Michael East to serve as United States Marshal for the Eastern District of North Carolina:
“Today the United States Senate has confirmed President Trump’s nomination of Michael East to serve as United States Marshal for the Eastern District of North Carolina. I can think of no one better to take up this important position.
Mike East served the people of this State as an agent of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation for 28 years. There he worked as a member of the Child Fatality Task Force Prevention Team, the Crisis Negotiation Team and as Special Agent in Charge of the Financial Crimes Unit. He led investigations focused on public corruption, violent crime, drug crimes, economic crimes and many others.
More recently he has served in my office as our first Forensic Investigator in the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force where he has focused on the financial side of drug trafficking investigations. He has, likewise, played a key investigative role in our ability to prosecute heroin and opioid overdose death cases. Mike has also provided critical training and assistance to law enforcement all across the State of North Carolina, around the United States and overseas.
Mike is well-suited to lead the men and women of the United States Marshals Service here in the Eastern District. The Marshals Service provides critical investigation services in a range of cases, secures our courthouses and other federal facilities, supports federal and state prosecutions through warrant enforcement, and plays a key role in the seizure, forfeiture and disposal of property used by defendants to facilitate their criminal activity or property which is the proceeds of that activity.
Mike East will be an outstanding United States Marshal. President Trump has made an outstanding choice and I look forward to working side-by-side with Marshal East and the Marshals Service he will now lead.”
News releases are available on the U. S. Attorney’s webpage at http://justice.gov/usao-ednc. Follow us on Twitter @USAO_EDNC.
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019