-Press Release, U.S. Department of Justice
Robert J. Higdon, Jr., United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina comments on the confirmation of Michael East to serve as United States Marshal for the Eastern District of North Carolina:
“Today the United States Senate has confirmed President Trump’s nomination of Michael East to serve as United States Marshal for the Eastern District of North Carolina. I can think of no one better to take up this important position.
Mike East served the people of this State as an agent of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation for 28 years. There he worked as a member of the Child Fatality Task Force Prevention Team, the Crisis Negotiation Team and as Special Agent in Charge of the Financial Crimes Unit. He led investigations focused on public corruption, violent crime, drug crimes, economic crimes and many others.
More recently he has served in my office as our first Forensic Investigator in the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force where he has focused on the financial side of drug trafficking investigations. He has, likewise, played a key investigative role in our ability to prosecute heroin and opioid overdose death cases. Mike has also provided critical training and assistance to law enforcement all across the State of North Carolina, around the United States and overseas.
Mike is well-suited to lead the men and women of the United States Marshals Service here in the Eastern District. The Marshals Service provides critical investigation services in a range of cases, secures our courthouses and other federal facilities, supports federal and state prosecutions through warrant enforcement, and plays a key role in the seizure, forfeiture and disposal of property used by defendants to facilitate their criminal activity or property which is the proceeds of that activity.
Mike East will be an outstanding United States Marshal. President Trump has made an outstanding choice and I look forward to working side-by-side with Marshal East and the Marshals Service he will now lead.”
News releases are available on the U. S. Attorney’s webpage at http://justice.gov/usao-ednc. Follow us on Twitter @USAO_EDNC.
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019