100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Vance County Schools
The Vance County Board of Education approved Gradesa Lockhart as Principal of Vance County’s STEM Early High Middle School. The approval came during Monday night’s board meeting.
Superintendent, Dr. Anthony Jackson, said “Ms. Lockhart clearly distinguished herself as the best and most prepared candidate for STEM. [She] is an experienced principal, serving most recently [at] the Bluford STEM Academy in Guilford County.”
Ms. Lockhart comes to Vance County with 15 years of administrative experience in different schools within North Carolina and was instrumental in transforming Bluford into a STEM magnet school. Prior to that, she served as a teacher for a little over seven years.
Gradesa Lockhart received her Master’s in School Administration from North Carolina A&T University in Greensboro. Her bachelor’s degree in Middle School Math and Science was earned at North Carolina Central University in Durham. Ms. Lockhart is also currently in pursuit of her doctorate degree in Educational Leadership.
Ms. Lockhart’s first day is Wednesday, August 14.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019