-Press Release, Shutter Art Gallery
On Saturday, May 18, 2019, at 6 p.m., Granville County native R F Timberlake will call bids and will auction off two, first edition art prints of Kerr Lake at a fundraiser for the Grassy Creek Community Building.
Myrtle Reams, the coordinator for the fundraiser said, “Frank Timberlake will deliver a double whammy to help out his native Grassy Creek! First, he agreed to be the auctioneer for our fundraising event. Second, and we could hardly believe it, Frank, who I went through school with, agreed to donate two of his Kerr Lake prints that are from a new collection that’s never been seen. He’s putting the new collection of prints together this spring and summer.”
Timberlake, who rarely calls bids anymore, and then only for charities, won the 1990 North Carolina Rookie Auctioneering Championship. The former radio broadcaster turned ad agency executive hails from Stovall and Grassy Creek and operates an almost thirty-year-old advertising and PR firm that is renowned for client success and winning national awards and recognition.
In 2016, after attempting to learn to paint realism and even with advice and help from a famous cousin artist, Timberlake introduced his patented creation of a slightly different art form, PhoArt®. The term PhoArt® tells the story of the process: taking a photograph in the raw and then turning up some or all of its aspects, and finally running it through proprietary software which Timberlake helped finesse.
“It will be great to spend a few days at home, see a lot of old friends, watch their reactions to some of my new artwork, and then at the auction, to actually pick their pockets for a good cause,” remarked the jovial artist and entrepreneur. The retail value of the two Kerr Lake prints is over $300.
The auction, touted to have something of interest for everyone, will start at the Grassy Creek Community Building at 6 p.m. Hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches, snacks, desserts and soft drinks will be on sale. Assisting Timberlake with auctioneering will be Harry Jones and Marty Ayscue.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Makes Arrests in Heroin Trafficking Cases - May 22, 2019
- Location Change for Vance Public Safety Meeting on Fire Matters - May 22, 2019
- Granville Athletic Park Reaches 15-Year Milestone - May 22, 2019
- Local Youth Ages 4-12 Needed for Competitive Football League - May 22, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Gearing Up for Youth Summer Reading Program - May 21, 2019
- State Vet Encourages Livestock Owners to Vaccinate Before Peak Rabies Season - May 21, 2019
- H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Cheerleading Registration Begins June 3 - May 21, 2019
- VGCC Graduates 15 Cadets in 108th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class - May 20, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Memorial Day Sanitation Schedule - May 20, 2019
- Dedication Ceremonies Being Held for New Dog Park, Renamed Rollins Ave. Park - May 20, 2019