-Press Release, Shutter Art Gallery
On Saturday, May 18, 2019, at 6 p.m., Granville County native R F Timberlake will call bids and will auction off two, first edition art prints of Kerr Lake at a fundraiser for the Grassy Creek Community Building.
Myrtle Reams, the coordinator for the fundraiser said, “Frank Timberlake will deliver a double whammy to help out his native Grassy Creek! First, he agreed to be the auctioneer for our fundraising event. Second, and we could hardly believe it, Frank, who I went through school with, agreed to donate two of his Kerr Lake prints that are from a new collection that’s never been seen. He’s putting the new collection of prints together this spring and summer.”
Timberlake, who rarely calls bids anymore, and then only for charities, won the 1990 North Carolina Rookie Auctioneering Championship. The former radio broadcaster turned ad agency executive hails from Stovall and Grassy Creek and operates an almost thirty-year-old advertising and PR firm that is renowned for client success and winning national awards and recognition.
In 2016, after attempting to learn to paint realism and even with advice and help from a famous cousin artist, Timberlake introduced his patented creation of a slightly different art form, PhoArt®. The term PhoArt® tells the story of the process: taking a photograph in the raw and then turning up some or all of its aspects, and finally running it through proprietary software which Timberlake helped finesse.
“It will be great to spend a few days at home, see a lot of old friends, watch their reactions to some of my new artwork, and then at the auction, to actually pick their pockets for a good cause,” remarked the jovial artist and entrepreneur. The retail value of the two Kerr Lake prints is over $300.
The auction, touted to have something of interest for everyone, will start at the Grassy Creek Community Building at 6 p.m. Hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches, snacks, desserts and soft drinks will be on sale. Assisting Timberlake with auctioneering will be Harry Jones and Marty Ayscue.
Connect With The Author
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019
- Emergency Plan, Golf Cart Ordinance Topics for Public Safety Meeting - September 17, 2019
- St. Andrews Christian Church to Hold Homecoming Celebration - September 17, 2019
- Granville’s Tourism Development Authority Awarded for Marketing Campaign - September 17, 2019
- Granville Sheriff Brindell Wilkins Indicted for Obstruction of Justice - September 17, 2019
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019