-Information courtesy Maria Parham Health
This month, Maria Parham Health is celebrating the 20th anniversary of LifePoint Health, the health system of which it is a part, with a donation to United Way and Relay for Life. These donations are part of a national anniversary celebration in which LifePoint has contributed $2,000 to causes in each of the 89 communities it serves nationwide. United Way and Relay for Life were chosen by the hospital team in Henderson because it reflects LifePoint’s and Maria Parham Health’s mission of Making Communities Healthier®.
“We are delighted to celebrate LifePoint Health’s 20th anniversary in our community with a donation to United Way and Relay for Life,” said Bert Beard, chief executive officer (CEO) of Maria Parham Health. “LifePoint was founded on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong hospitals create strong communities. We are proud to be part of the LifePoint family and excited to continue our legacy of high quality, community-based care in Vance and surrounding counties for years to come.”
LifePoint was founded in May 1999 as LifePoint Hospitals with 23 community hospitals in nine states.
The company changed its name to LifePoint Health in 2015 as a reflection of its evolution from a hospital operator to a healthcare leader providing a range of services across the communities it serves. Today, LifePoint has 89 hospital campuses, 45+ post-acute service providers and facilities and 50+ outpatient facilities across 30 states. It has nearly 60,000 dedicated employees from coast to coast, including more than 3,000 employed providers and more than 8,600 affiliated providers.
As part of its national anniversary celebration, LifePoint has committed $2,000 to support causes in each of its communities. Hospitals within these communities were encouraged to select charitable causes of their choice that reflect the needs of their respective regions. Maria Parham Health chose United Way and Relay for Life to support the local efforts United Way takes in supporting those services needed in the community and to support an organization dedicated to fighting cancer, one of the leading causes of death in the community.
“LifePoint is dedicated to creating places where people choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice and employees want to work,” said David Dill, president and CEO of LifePoint Health. “We are thrilled to be celebrating a 20-year legacy of Making Communities Healthier with our employees, physicians, board members and volunteers across the nation. We are proud of how far we have come in the last two decades and are excited to continue to collaborate with the talented team at Maria Parham Health to advance our mission in the years ahead.”
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019