-Press Release, Maria Parham Franklin
Maria Parham Health, part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, today announced that it will officially open the doors of its new emergency room and geriatric behavioral health facility, called Maria Parham Franklin, on Monday, October 15. The facility hosted a ribbon-cutting and open house event for the community on October 3 to celebrate the impending opening, which marks the restoration of vital health care services in Louisburg and surrounding areas.
“We are excited to finally open our doors and fulfill our promise of bringing high-quality care back to this region,” said Bert Beard, chief executive officer (CEO) of Maria Parham Health. “The outpouring of community support for this initiative has been incredible, and we could not be happier to be advancing our mission of Making Communities Healthier right here in Louisburg.”
Maria Parham Franklin occupies the former Franklin Medical Center building in Louisburg, which has been renovated. It provides 24/7 emergency care, diagnostic services and behavioral health services. Outpatient imaging services include computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-ray, ultrasound, mammography and bone density testing. The facility also features a 13-bed inpatient geriatric behavioral health unit and an outpatient laboratory.
The project has been made possible by Duke LifePoint Healthcare, The Dorothea Dix Hospital Property Fund, The Golden Leaf Foundation and the North Carolina Department of Commerce through the North Carolina Community Development Block Grant.
For more information, visit https://www.mariaparhamfranklin.com/.
About Maria Parham Health
Maria Parham Health, a Duke LifePoint hospital, is a regional hospital in Henderson, N.C., serving the people of north central North Carolina and southside Virginia. As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, Maria Parham offers a combination of Duke University Health System’s world-renowned leadership in clinical excellence and quality care, and LifePoint Health’s extensive resources, knowledge and experience in operating community hospitals. Maria Parham offers a wide range of services and the latest technology to meet the healthcare needs of the community. It is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and CMS. For more information about Maria Parham Health, please call (252) 438-4143 or visit mariaparham.com.
About Duke LifePoint Healthcare
Duke LifePoint Healthcare, a joint venture of Duke University Health System, Inc. and LifePoint Health (NASDAQ: LPNT), was established to build a dynamic network of hospitals and healthcare providers. The joint venture, which brings together LifePoint’s experience in community-based hospital management and Duke’s world-renowned leadership in patient safety and clinical quality systems, is strengthening and improving healthcare delivery by providing community hospitals the clinical, quality and operational resources they need to grow and prosper. For more information, visit www.dukelifepointhealthcare.com.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019