-Press Release, Maria Parham Franklin
Maria Parham Health, part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, today announced that it will officially open the doors of its new emergency room and geriatric behavioral health facility, called Maria Parham Franklin, on Monday, October 15. The facility hosted a ribbon-cutting and open house event for the community on October 3 to celebrate the impending opening, which marks the restoration of vital health care services in Louisburg and surrounding areas.
“We are excited to finally open our doors and fulfill our promise of bringing high-quality care back to this region,” said Bert Beard, chief executive officer (CEO) of Maria Parham Health. “The outpouring of community support for this initiative has been incredible, and we could not be happier to be advancing our mission of Making Communities Healthier right here in Louisburg.”
Maria Parham Franklin occupies the former Franklin Medical Center building in Louisburg, which has been renovated. It provides 24/7 emergency care, diagnostic services and behavioral health services. Outpatient imaging services include computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-ray, ultrasound, mammography and bone density testing. The facility also features a 13-bed inpatient geriatric behavioral health unit and an outpatient laboratory.
The project has been made possible by Duke LifePoint Healthcare, The Dorothea Dix Hospital Property Fund, The Golden Leaf Foundation and the North Carolina Department of Commerce through the North Carolina Community Development Block Grant.
For more information, visit https://www.mariaparhamfranklin.com/.
About Maria Parham Health
Maria Parham Health, a Duke LifePoint hospital, is a regional hospital in Henderson, N.C., serving the people of north central North Carolina and southside Virginia. As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, Maria Parham offers a combination of Duke University Health System’s world-renowned leadership in clinical excellence and quality care, and LifePoint Health’s extensive resources, knowledge and experience in operating community hospitals. Maria Parham offers a wide range of services and the latest technology to meet the healthcare needs of the community. It is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and CMS. For more information about Maria Parham Health, please call (252) 438-4143 or visit mariaparham.com.
About Duke LifePoint Healthcare
Duke LifePoint Healthcare, a joint venture of Duke University Health System, Inc. and LifePoint Health (NASDAQ: LPNT), was established to build a dynamic network of hospitals and healthcare providers. The joint venture, which brings together LifePoint’s experience in community-based hospital management and Duke’s world-renowned leadership in patient safety and clinical quality systems, is strengthening and improving healthcare delivery by providing community hospitals the clinical, quality and operational resources they need to grow and prosper. For more information, visit www.dukelifepointhealthcare.com.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Middle & High School Win First Place in State Video Contest - November 14, 2018
- Baker Tapped as Publisher for High Point Newspaper - November 14, 2018
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for U.S. 401 Improvements Project - November 14, 2018
- Locally-Based Gifted Faithful Ministries Assisting Orphans in India - November 14, 2018
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018