100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, Vance/Warren Counties
Join the Master Gardener℠ volunteers of Vance/Warren Counties on Saturday, October 5, 2019, for their fall Gardening Symposium, which will be held in historic Warrenton, NC.
The symposium will feature Brie Arthur, author of The Foodscape Revolution. Brie studied Landscape Design and Horticulture at Purdue University and since has worked as a grower, propagator, author, and correspondent on the Growing A Greener World show on PBS. She has a passion for sustainable, local food production and will share advice on how to practice this in your own backyard, with an emphasis on native plants.
The presentation by Brie Arthur will take place at 1 p.m. in the Warren County Courthouse. Registration is $20 and may be submitted by downloading a registration form from http://go.ncsu.edu/foodscapewarren.
As a special bonus, the Master Gardener volunteers are partnering with Preservation Warrenton to offer a free walking tour of historic downtown starting at 10 a.m. that morning, which will highlight many fascinating stories from the town’s past. The tour will end in plenty of time for folks to enjoy downtown shopping and dining before heading over to the Courthouse for the 1 p.m. main event.
For more information, call the NC Cooperative Extension office for Warren County at 252-257-3640, or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019