100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, Vance/Warren Counties
Join the Master Gardener℠ volunteers of Vance/Warren Counties on Saturday, October 5, 2019, for their fall Gardening Symposium, which will be held in historic Warrenton, NC.
The symposium will feature Brie Arthur, author of The Foodscape Revolution. Brie studied Landscape Design and Horticulture at Purdue University and since has worked as a grower, propagator, author, and correspondent on the Growing A Greener World show on PBS. She has a passion for sustainable, local food production and will share advice on how to practice this in your own backyard, with an emphasis on native plants.
The presentation by Brie Arthur will take place at 1 p.m. in the Warren County Courthouse. Registration is $20 and may be submitted by downloading a registration form from http://go.ncsu.edu/foodscapewarren.
As a special bonus, the Master Gardener volunteers are partnering with Preservation Warrenton to offer a free walking tour of historic downtown starting at 10 a.m. that morning, which will highlight many fascinating stories from the town’s past. The tour will end in plenty of time for folks to enjoy downtown shopping and dining before heading over to the Courthouse for the 1 p.m. main event.
For more information, call the NC Cooperative Extension office for Warren County at 252-257-3640, or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020
- Granville School Board to Interview District 5 Candidates at Special Meeting - February 14, 2020
- Mark Your Calendars: Granville Co. Activities Feb. 17 – March 2 - February 14, 2020
- Vance Commissioners to Hold Special Meeting on Industrial Park Contract - February 13, 2020
- Kittrell Man Sentenced to More Than Six Years on Drug, Gun Charges - February 13, 2020
- Harvey Recognized by NC Governor - February 13, 2020