-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools Superintendent Anthony Jackson has been selected as the recipient of the 2019-2020 Central Carolina Regional Education Service Alliance (CCRESA) Superintendent of the Year Award.
He was presented the award on June 17 by Dr. Neil Pederson, executive director of CCRESA, during the Vance County School System’s administrative meeting.
Jackson received the award for his outstanding leadership in the school system. For the 2018-2019 school year, he led the successful consolidation of two middle schools and two high schools. In addition, he has led local schools to an improved graduation rate of over 82 percent and improved student performances at all grade levels. He also has been instrumental in leading efforts to continually improve community involvement in our public schools.
Jackson has just completed his fourth school year as the leader of Vance County Schools. He joined the school system in August of 2015.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019