-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools Superintendent Anthony Jackson has been selected as the recipient of the 2019-2020 Central Carolina Regional Education Service Alliance (CCRESA) Superintendent of the Year Award.
He was presented the award on June 17 by Dr. Neil Pederson, executive director of CCRESA, during the Vance County School System’s administrative meeting.
Jackson received the award for his outstanding leadership in the school system. For the 2018-2019 school year, he led the successful consolidation of two middle schools and two high schools. In addition, he has led local schools to an improved graduation rate of over 82 percent and improved student performances at all grade levels. He also has been instrumental in leading efforts to continually improve community involvement in our public schools.
Jackson has just completed his fourth school year as the leader of Vance County Schools. He joined the school system in August of 2015.
Connect With The Author
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019
- Lewis Bowling, Local Author & Historian, Hosts Book Signing Dec. 8 - December 6, 2019
- Reminder: Town of Louisburg to Host Annual Christmas Parade This Sun. - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Beware of Gift Card Scam Using Sheriff Brame’s Name - December 5, 2019
- VGCC Receives $194K Grant From Duke Energy & Piedmont Natural Gas - December 5, 2019
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Wraps Up With Silent Auction on Sat. - December 5, 2019