-Press Release, North Carolina Community Foundation
The Frances Abbot Burton Powers Fund for support of the Town of Henderson will be accepting grant applications for its 2018 grants cycle, according to Preston Powers.
The endowment will make grant funds available for government entities and nonprofit organizations that benefit the Town of Henderson and have a physical location in Henderson. Grants typically range from $5,000 to $15,000.
A board of advisors will determine grant awards. Applications are available online at nccommunityfoundation.org/vance and will be accepted June 15 – July 13. All organizations will be notified by mid-August.
About the Vance County Community Foundation
The Vance County Community Foundation is a growing family of philanthropic funds, resource for area nonprofits, source of grants for local causes and partner for donors. The VCCF is led by a local volunteer advisory board that helps build community assets through the creation of permanent endowments, makes grants and leverages leadership—all for the benefit of Vance County. Whatever your means or charitable goals, the VCCF makes it easy to become a philanthropist. The VCCF was founded in 1997 and is an affiliate foundation of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Board members include Fagan Goodwin (president), Anthony Adams (secretary), Sarah Webster (grants chair), Sarah Baskerville, Kay Curin, Wendy Meyer-Goodwin, Terri Hedrick and Amy Russell.
About the North Carolina Community Foundation
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has administered more than $130 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With nearly $247 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018