-Press Release, North Carolina Community Foundation
The Frances Abbot Burton Powers Fund for support of the Town of Henderson will be accepting grant applications for its 2018 grants cycle, according to Preston Powers.
The endowment will make grant funds available for government entities and nonprofit organizations that benefit the Town of Henderson and have a physical location in Henderson. Grants typically range from $5,000 to $15,000.
A board of advisors will determine grant awards. Applications are available online at nccommunityfoundation.org/vance and will be accepted June 15 – July 13. All organizations will be notified by mid-August.
About the Vance County Community Foundation
The Vance County Community Foundation is a growing family of philanthropic funds, resource for area nonprofits, source of grants for local causes and partner for donors. The VCCF is led by a local volunteer advisory board that helps build community assets through the creation of permanent endowments, makes grants and leverages leadership—all for the benefit of Vance County. Whatever your means or charitable goals, the VCCF makes it easy to become a philanthropist. The VCCF was founded in 1997 and is an affiliate foundation of the North Carolina Community Foundation. Board members include Fagan Goodwin (president), Anthony Adams (secretary), Sarah Webster (grants chair), Sarah Baskerville, Kay Curin, Wendy Meyer-Goodwin, Terri Hedrick and Amy Russell.
About the North Carolina Community Foundation
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has administered more than $130 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With nearly $247 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
Connect With The Author
- Oxford’s ‘Music on Main’ Series Continues With BIG LOVE - August 21, 2018
- Maria Parham Health’s Volunteer Services to Host “Books Are Fun” Sale - August 21, 2018
- City of Oxford Seeking Local Photographs for Annual Greeting Card - August 21, 2018
- Upchurch Charged With Two Counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon - August 21, 2018
- Vance Co. Water Topic of Tuesday’s Called Commissioners’ Meeting - August 20, 2018
- Granville Co. Public Schools Celebrate Arrival of New Teachers - August 20, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Saturday Swim Lessons This Fall - August 20, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Committee Meeting Rescheduled for Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 20, 2018
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018